Run Boy Run Pt.2

Song Choice: Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)

Five was driving back to the academy to come up with a new plan until he passed a record store. He pulled over and stood at the entrance of the door. He did see this place in the rubble of the apocalypse. Why he was here now? He didn't even know. But the girl said she loved rock music so why not just check it out. As soon as he walked in, everywhere he looked was rows of records and people with various fashion statements. He was the only who looked out of place. He walked through the aisles and scanned each strange album cover. Five did feel multiple stares and whispers directed at him but he could care less.

His eyes stopped at a familiar cover name, Motley Crue, and immediately remembered that was one of the bands that girl was into. His hand slowly grazed it and took it. He then started noticing more familiar names and took one album from each band he remembered you mentioning. In full honesty, he found rock music a bit overwhelming with all the screaming and intense music playing but couldn't help but take an interest in the things you liked. After checking out and getting weird looks from everyone in the store he made his way back to car and began to think of a new plan.

He checked the clock and it had been almost an hour since he last saw the girl, her break has to be over by now so Five began to drive back to the prosthetic building. After parking in a random spot he tried to think of how he was going to get to her. He couldn't walk through the front door because the doctors will just kick him out. He thought that the best idea was to try and find her through a window. What? It was all he could think of. He circled the building multiple times until he finally spotted her in an office sitting down looking quite stressed while rummaging through papers. Five looked around for something to get her attention and took notice in the pebbles in the grass.

He quickly picked up one and threw it at her window. She didn't even flinch. He threw another one and this time she glanced at the window but then back down to her papers. Five threw a few more and the girl finally got up off her seat and opened her window to see Five. She immediately smiled when they're eyes met. "Heh. You're like Romeo. Throwing pebbles at my window." Five scoffed. "Trust me, Romeo wishes he could be me."

He went back to a more serious demeanor. "But that's not the point. I need your help." The girl looked surprisingly shocked which Five didn't expect. "We just met and you already trust me?" Five did not expect her to say that. He assumed her to be the type of person to trust people easily since she was so nice. But that's just another reason why he enjoys her presence, she's unpredictable. "I just need to know how to make those dicks listen to me." "Is it about that eye again?" She said as she tilted her head like a confused puppy.

"Yes, it's really important." She paused and bit her lip as she thought about it. "I'm not really sure but maybe if you have an adult with you then maybe they'd take you more seriously." Five knew exactly what he had to do. "Thanks a lot!" He called out as he wasted no time getting ready to run back to the car but stopped himself immediately. "Oh and I never got your name!" The girl let out a soft laugh since she's been waiting for him to ask her that sooner. "It's (Y/n)." Five loved her name. "Thank you, (Y/n)." He said and loved the way her name felt coming out of his lips.

~

"Five? Are you upstairs?" Vanya's voice rung out and Five panicked a bit and shoved the person he was talking to in a closet then faced away from the door so it looked like he was doing something else. "Five?" Vanya asked once more but when she saw Five she let out a sigh. "Oh, thank god. I was worried sick about you." "Sorry I left without saying goodbye." Vanya shook her head. "No, look, I should be the one who should be sorry. Yeah, I was dismissive, and... I-I guess I didn't know how to process what you were saying. And I still can't, to be honest." "Maybe you were right to be dismissive." Five said then scoffed, looking away. "Maybe it wasn't real after all. It felt real. Well... like you said, the old man did say time travel could contaminate the mind." Vanya looked at her brother, she couldn't even imagine what he must have gone through.