Rescue the Princess Pt.9

Song Choice: Phantom of the Opera - Past the Point of No Return

(Y/n) didn't relent for a second, shooting bullet after bullet only for Five to dodge each of them with spacial jumps until he attempted to come down on her with his leg. She blocked and pushed away the attack, but he went under her gun's burst and managed to land a kick on her, though she still landed in a crouch, now grimacing.

Five, impatient, yelled. "(Y/n), just listen to me for a goddamn minute before I shoot you with a dart gun! I know you're going through a lot right now! I get it! Trust me on that! You're torn between what you think is right for you. I can help you, we can work together just like we have been since we met. But you're losing your grip on your sanity, you don't have much time left. Just please let me help yo-"

(Y/n) felt something snap in her. "I'm sick and tired of you thinking that I'm too unstable to make decisions for my own wellbeing! I'll show you what I can do without any help from anybody! Go ahead, try and kill me, I'll just come back. You can hit me again all you want, it's not gonna increase your chance of winning. We both know who will end up winning this fight. And I'm noticing you're getting tired so why not just let me win? It'll be easier for both of us." (Y/n) ended her last sentence with a fanatical smirk. Five gulped and stared into her (E/c) iris' that were full of intolerance and spitefulness. He recognized the familiarity of it from Lana's eyes as well. He was losing her every minute of every day. He felt like this wasn't the same (Y/n) he first met, she was slipping down the rabbit hole and he was desperately trying to grasp her.

"You're not gonna win, (Y/n). I won't let you win like this."

"You can't dodge forever ya know!"

"Yes I can. Try to hit me, just try. My power wins over yours and you know that. We'll just be fighting in our armageddon forever."

"Not forever. I can last forever. Every hit I take I just reset, my body becomes newer every time my skin breaks. And the longer I last, the easier it is for me to defeat you. I observe and analyze and learn your fighting style and technique so I then outwit and overpower you, now knowing your moves. That's what makes me the best assassin. The longer we fight, I get faster than you are. Lucky for you I thrive in the heat of a fight. So come at me," (Y/n) stood up and looked back up at Five with a gleam of murder across her eyes "my fellow killer."

Five felt himself tighten his fist and clench his jaw at that last word. She was really trying to get a rise out of him for a more brutal fight wasn't she?

(Y/n) launched herself forward with her legs and continued landing blow after blow on him with her fists and legs, right up to when he spacial jumped behind her to roundhouse kick her in the back, attempting to hit her with his heel. She got out just in time and tried to give him her own kick, but he spacial jumped out and twirled to get a hit on her. One of his kicks seemed to pass over her, but then he brought it down hard which (Y/n) narrowly rolled backward to avoid.

(Y/n) returned to bullets and began shooting in all the directions he spacial jumped through. They exchanged gunshots until Five disappeared and reappeared behind her. He soccer kicked the back of her knee, making her about to tumble over if he didn't tightly wrap his arms around her arms and torso and squeezed her into his body.

It was as if the world stopped for a moment for both of them. They've never really been this physically close together. (Y/n)'s body froze between his arms. She knew they were in the middle of a battle that she caused, she reminded herself, but this short moment felt... nice. This strange feeling rose in her. She felt all warm and toasty inside. The feeling made her sick. Not because it was unpleasant, it was quite the opposite, but because this was the first time she's felt this way. She was feeling a feeling she didn't recognize, she didn't even know this feeling existed. She felt ashamed to admit... that she liked it.