Rescue the Princess Pt.2

Song Choice: Hercules - I Won't Say I'm in Love

Five and Klaus hid in different rooms that had... questionable uses and when they noticed the coast was clear they'd run down the long white bright corridors and into another room. They've been doing so for about 20 minutes and have gotten nowhere, even when Five kept saying he was "alpha" and that they had to keep searching. As they hid in rooms waiting for the right moment to run unspotted they tried eavesdropping on people's conversations as they passed their door. Most of the time they wished they haven't listened to their disturbing conversations and other amounts of time their talks were useless in information and in no use to them.

The building was so big that a couple times they found themselves running in circles which has made Klaus say several times, "This place is like a maze, we're gonna get lost eventually." Five still didn't lose hope in finding (Y/n). He wasn't leaving here without her.

~

(Y/n) fell to the floor after Lana smacked her right in the face. "I'm so very disappointed in you (Y/n) darling. This is the second time you've failed to execute that filthy peace maker, Five Hargreaves." (Y/n) lifted a hand to massage the stinging mark that burned her cheek.

"I'm very sorry Miss Lana but it's not as easy as I thought it would be. But like you've always said, torture is worse than death. When I shot Five non-fatally that should've made him realize that was a warning that if he put himself back in the way of the apocalypse then I'll kill him permanently. And if he thought it was for some other reason, well then he's not as smart as everyone says he is." (Y/n) stood up, confidence and all. "I'm a ticking time bomb and every step he takes towards me is another second wasted."

Lana glared at her favorite pupil but then smiled. "Everytime I think of the next mastermind of the Despair Facility, all I see is you. In the remains of the world after the apocalypse, you will stand tall above everyone else and build a new world worse than hell. It will be a new beginning after the end." (Y/n) smiled back in return to her mother figure but it dropped when Lana turned around and pulled something from a cabinet.

"But you still have more to learn my dear child." (Y/n) frowned, feeling despair swell up inside her but smiled in enjoyment of her own pain.

Lana turned back around with a blowtorch and strutted back over to (Y/n).

"You need to work harder and play smarter. This is the last time I'm telling you this and I will make sure you fucking remember it this time." Lana turned the knob of the blowtorch, positioning the outlet between (Y/n)'s collarbone before the flames bursted out and boiled (Y/n)'s skin to the bone.

(Y/n) felt tears immediately spring up and pour out as she screamed in agony but also masochism.

~

The loud scream of a voice he knew too well echoes out to the halls which caused Five to whip himself around to the direction of where he heard it. "Was that (Y/n)?" Klaus stopped abruptly and dragged Five so they could reach the next closet before they got spotted. "When you're in love you hear their voice everywhere." Five snapped his gaze to Klaus, "Wait-what, what do you mean love?" Klaus shrugged as he closed the door with just a small crack so they could still see outside. "Yeah, love. That's the whole reason we're doing this right? Because you love her."

"Because you love her. Because you love her. Because you love her."

Those words echoed in Five's mind on repeat. Five's face heated up like a forest fire. "I don't love her. I just, you know, understand how she feels about being trapped. She deserves another chance because-" "Because you love her and want to believe there's some good in her. You love her Five." Five scrunched his brows in aggravation. "Just because I want to help her doesn't mean I-" "Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever. That's what Batman said about Catwoman before they made out in every movie, cartoon, comic- now can we please switch rooms? I'm getting uncomfortable standing next to this wall with legit knife cuts where someone was trying to defend themselves." Five cringed as he looked at the scratched up wall, definitely not wanting to know the dark story behind that.