Rescue the Princess Pt.4

Song Choice: Regina Spektor - Two Birds

"(Y/n)! Thank god you're safe." A voice interrupted (Y/n)'s thoughts. Startled, (Y/n) whipped herself around to come face to face with one of the doctors at the Facility with his bird mask on. "AAaah!"

Anxious that attention would be led to them, Five, still all decked out in the doctor uniform making him unrecognizable, shoved a hand over her mouth and, more harshly than he wanted, pushed her to the nearest wall. "Ssshh. What the hell are you doing?"

(Y/n) ripped his gloved hand from her face and pushed it back towards him. "Who are you!?" She asked in pure confusion.

"What do you mean? It's me! Your best frien-acquaintance!" Five said, correcting himself because of her strange hatred for the term "friend" at the last moment.

"Diego?" (Y/n) questioned as she slightly leaned in with a head tilt and squinting eyes.

"Diego?! He doesn't even like you!" Five snapped in aggravation.

(Y/n) crossed her arms and turned away from him with a huff. "Look, I'm not talking to some random overweight doctor about my personal relationships."

Five walked closer to her side. "It's me, Five."

"Five's skinny. No way." (Y/n) responded as she hit his twig arm nonchalantly, still refusing to look at him.

Five ran in front of her and lifted his mask, revealing his annoyed face. "(Y/n)!" (Y/n)'s eyes widened. "It is you." She looked down at his baggy doctor suit that was obviously too big for him. "Did you gain weight?" Five rolled his eyes, pulling his mask down again and opened his mouth to speak but (Y/n) beat him to it in a nervous voice. "What are you even doing here?" "Saving you." "Well you're doing a terrible job." She mentioned as she looked him up and down again. Five was about to say something but was once again cut off.

"(Y/n)!" Klaus called out, taking off his mask as he ran over to (Y/n) but as soon as he saw the other uniformed and masked doctor he let out a scream similar to (Y/n)'s. "AAaah!" Five let out an angry groan. "Oh my god! Five! I'm Five!"

Klaus furrowed his brows, not buying it. "Nah, Five is a teeny tiny guy, that's not you." "I know, I thought he was Diego too." (Y/n) replied, motioning toward Five with her thumb. Five shook his head and grabbed (Y/n)'s wrist, facing Klaus. "We got what we came here for, now let's get the hell out of here before anyone finds out about us." (Y/n) felt her world stop.

He still cared about her. Even after he learned all about her past. Even after she shot him. Even after she told him to stay away and basically told him she didn't want to be saved.

And then she realized something worse. He still didn't know about her mission that brought them together in the first place. The guilt started to weigh heavier on her body. Now that she's thinking on the spot in a hurry, she didn't really want to leave the Facility. At least not yet. She was very bigot and loyal to the Facility. No matter how awful it was, no matter how evil it made her. She did owe a lot to it. But she was still indecisive, especially under pressure at a time like this. She couldn't decide if she either wanted to stay but needed to leave or needed to stay but wanted to leave. She looked up at Five. She felt like it was unfair to him. He keeps coming back to her but she still has no idea what's best for herself. It's not his fault that she can't decide- wait no. She pondered a certain thought. She told him to stay away but he still came back. Whatever happens tonight isn't her fault, it's all on him. She warned him but he chose to ignore it. 'I guess he really isn't as smart as everyone says he is.' After looking over all these thoughts, she knew what she needed to do.