I Heard a Rumor Pt.2

Song Choice: Ke$ha - Backstabber

( Author: ^^ I know y'all been waitin for this song )

Before Five could leave through the back door, (Y/n) grabbed him by the collar, tugging him away then whipping him around to rest her palms on his cheek to try to relax him so she could try to make things right between them. Five thrashed her arms off him and shoved her away, not wanting to be near her.

"Five please! Just listen to what I have to say!" She risked it as she chose her next words. "If you still don't want to give me one last final chance, I'll leave you alone... forever."

Five studied her face, realizing she was speaking truthfully so he shoved his hands into his pockets, allowing her to begin her declaration of peace, forgiveness and redemption.

"Five, I should've listened to you. You were right all along. I should've just gone with you instead of succumbing to Lana. Lana's way was always just the easiest way. I was worried about changing. I honestly didn't want to change because I thought I wouldn't be able to adjust. I think the reason why I always preferred the Facility was because I felt like I belonged, I was comfortable, I didn't have to worry about anything, I was a chooser and not a beggar. Lana would always lead me in a direction which made me too dependent on her for always making my decisions for me. It was the easiest way."

Five looked into (Y/n)'s keen eyes as she began her rant and was surprised when he noticed that she really was telling the truth. But he kept his harsh glare and frown and his posture with his hands in his pockets. It's going to take more than a sad emotional breakdown to make him trust her again.

(Y/n) began tugging the clothing around her hips and thighs to ease her nerves and growing anxiety. "That's why I thought I couldn't be a hero, be good. I thought that I wouldn't be able to be good at being good. I felt like it wasn't right for me to be there, like mixing two completely different holidays. And if I quit the side of villainy, that meant that I was wrong. And I didn't like admitting I was wrong. But I was wrong Five. I made the worst decision of my life joining the Despair Facility and ruining my own life. That's right, you heard me. I ruined my own life on purpose when I thought it'd be better! I will never forgive myself for doing that to myself... just like I'll never forgive myself for betraying you the way I did..." When she mentioned that event in her last sentence she looked down, not wanting to look at Five while thinking of that awful betrayal.

"I want to stay with you. Actually, want to. I think I need to. It's what's best for me." Five was quick to respond when he saw the opportunity and opening. "But it seems that all you want is power so maybe it's best you stay with the Facility."

(Y/n) looked back up, about to explain her reasoning behind this. "When you're in power there, you're basically just trapped in your own mind. Everyone worships your mistakes. Everyone wants to be just like you. Everyone thinks you're the best thing above oxygen. It sounds better than it actually is... you have to live there for a while to understand. You're being suffocated by your own insanity. The only normal people I would be able to talk to in a normal way are my own voices in my head. My pain will only increase if I was chained down by worship and the devil himself." (Y/n) took a deep breath, hating how toxic being a dictator was more noticeable now that she's breaking down.

"Your deranged mind is admired like it's art. If I stay there... I will become just like Lana. Using their fear and your sins to control everyone and everything. All that the throne in the Facility offers me is authoritatively ordering behavior and becoming a tyrant. That is not the way I wish to rule." She said her last sentence with confidence and a little aggressiveness to show Five that she really didn't want to be like that in the near potential future.