The Day That Was Pt.4

Song Choice: Melanie Martinez - Teddy Bear

"Why hurt someone whose only intention was to love you?" ~ Unknown

"This was never about Vanya. This was about us."

BANG!

Five let out a small squeal of pain before collapsing to the floor as his ankle began to bleed out.

Diego flung out his arms as quickly as possible to catch Five at the last second before he officially hit the ground. Allison gasped out in horror as she kneeled down to Five as she looked at Five in confusion about where this wound suddenly came from. Five forcefully opened his eyes and looked over to where he heard the sound emit from.

What he saw made him feel like all the fluids in his body had drained on the spot.

(Y/n) was holding a gun that was pointing at Five and once she saw the damage she caused, she lowered her weapon and the corner of her mouth lifted a bit. Almost like she was smirking.

"(Y/n)?" Five asked, his voice dripping with confusion.

"I was surprised when you just let me back into your life after you learned of my roots, Five. I thought you were smarter than that. You actually think that I, next in line to the throne of a place that wants the apocalypse to happen, would help you stop the apocalypse?" (Y/n) said with a snicker like someone just asked her the most ridiculous question.

Five's face converted to one of overwhelming distress and anguish as she stepped right over Five like he was just something in the way, nothing more. And that pinched him right where it hurts... which was his shot wound. "(Y/n), what are you doing?"

(Y/n) felt a little sting in her chest by how he talked to her, like she didn't just try to kill him, like he didn't care about his own well being because he just wanted to know what was bothering her. She hated the guilt that was starting to weigh on her shoulders like two buckets full of water and each drop was a word from Five.

"Who's a traitor? The one filled with fear, full of greed and fades away after attaining their feral need." ~ Unknown

"Y'know Five. No matter how many laughs and feelings we've shared, I've always known just where we stood in this story. You being privileged from your stupid little academy, thinking you know what pain and loneliness means when you should've just stayed with the Commission. And then me being forced to fight for everything I've ever come across but I enjoy the extreme pain I consume everyday of my life. I want more of it. The line you think connects us both together is actually the one where our paths separate." Diego and Allison still sat next to Five, making sure he didn't bleed out but Diego was beginning to reach for one of his knives with his good hand. Allison noticed this and rested her hand on Diego's, telling with her eyes to not do anything. This was between Five and (Y/n).

"You always kept saying how alike we were but you'll never know what it's like to be me. I don't care if you despise me by the end of the day, I will always stay by Lana's side!" Five tried to stand up to get to her but Allison wouldn't let him because of his injured foot. "(Y/n) are you really just accepting that you're nothing but a tool for the Facility?" (Y/n)'s immoral smile dropped. "There's so much more still left to learn about yourself, you're worth more than what the Facility has to offer. You're more than just a creation made for destruction. You can offer so much for the world but when you choose malevolence, the world becomes a significant darker place."