Five in Wonderland: The Queens' Croquet Ground

Five walked down the gold path until he found himself in a beautiful garden that had bright flower beds and fancy fountains. A large rose tree stood near the entrance of the garden, the roses growing on it were white but there were two gardeners at it who were busily painting them red. The male, heavier gardener wore a white suit with the design of a Spade 4 card. The other gardener was a woman who also wore a white suit but with the design of a Club 6 card. Five's eyes widened when he noticed them as Hazel and Cha Cha.

"Watch it, Spade! You almost splashed paint over me!" Club Cha Cha yelled up at Spade Hazel. Five came up to the two of them and asked, "Why are you painting those roses?"

Without looking down, Spade Hazel continued painting as he said, "Well you see, sir, this here was supposed to be a red rose tree and we put a white one in by mistake. And if the Queen was to find out, we would both have our heads cut off!"

Right after that moment Club Cha Cha called out, "The Queen! The Queen!" The two suited gardeners threw themselves flat upon their faces. First came ten soldiers, all dressed like Hazel and Cha Cha, next the ten courtiers, then came the guests. Among the guests Five first recognized the White Reginald Rabbit, and last of all the two Queens of Hearts.

Five swore his heart stopped when he realized the two Queens were the one and only Handler and Lana Griz.

The Handler wore a big red ball gown with small black hearts scattered around the fabric and see-through white opera gloves, along with an outside gold corset. Her white hair was pinned up with a sparkly, fancy gold tiara with a red ruby heart at the center. A gold scepter with red heart jewels was in her hand.

Lana, on the other hand, wore a bigger black ball gown with small red hearts scattered around the fabric and fancy white opera gloves. Instead of a visible corset, her gown was low cut that revealed a big, busty cleavage so that a gold choker could be seen. Her pale golden blonde hair was down in big curls and on top of her head was a small traditional gold and red velvet Queen crown with a black heart jewel at the center. Instead of a scepter, a gold sword in its gold sheath with red heart jewels was tied to her hip.

The Handler of Hearts marched up to the tree Hazel and Cha Cha were working on and leaned her head closer to one of the now red roses with squinting eyes. She sweeped one of its wet red pedals with her finger and held the tip up to her eye. Her finger had scooped up some red paint. She whipped herself around to the large crowd.

Her voice started off in a smooth, condescending tone, seeming like she wasn't mad. "Who's been painting my roses red?" When no one came forward she stomped one foot and screamed, "Who's been painting my roses red!?"

She turned to the duo on the ground and Club Cha Cha was first to point the finger that was covered in red paint at Spade Hazel. "Your majesty! Please, it's all his fault!" Spade Hazel shot up and pointed back at Club Cha Cha, accidentally knocking over the can of red paint on both of them. "No, no, it wasn't me, your grace!" The two babbled on, blaming the other.

The Handler of Hearts squatted down to their eye level and lifted a hand to signal them to stop talking. "That's enough." She said calmly and they both shut their mouths. The Handler smiled at them, which gave them hope, and she stood up with a smile as she walked back to the crowd, waving her finger in one quick motion. "Off with their heads!"

The duo frantically begged for their lives but the guards were already grabbing them by their arms and dragging them both off.

When they were out of sight, the Handler of Hearts looked over to Five and said severely to the crowd. "Who let this child in here? What have I said about blindly letting in strangers to our kingdom?" She turned back to him and pointed her fancy scepter at him. "What's your name, child?"