Rescue the Princess Pt.11

Song Choice: Les Miserables - On My Own

"I don't hate you, I'm just disappointed you turned into everything you said you'd never be." ~ Ruby Cantu

After Grace did everything she could to guarantee his life by wrapping his fatal wound, she left Five in his room alone.

She told Five to get some rest but he could barely shut his eyes when so many thoughts were running through his head. His chest was stinging, not from his hurting wound, but from the betrayal that had happened right before his own eyes. It just didn't feel real, it felt like he just made it up in his head. But no. It was real. There was proof on his abdomen. He just couldn't sleep while feeling like this. It would just be torture filled nightmares of his heartbreak betrayal replayed and redesigned into worser versions. He didn't want his dreams to even bring up (Y/n) anymore. Five has had a few dreams of them being together, the apocalypse was over and they could be friends in peace. But when the night is over, it's all gone and (Y/n) is not with him.

After about only half an hour later of just staring at the wall like he was focused on watching paint dry, Klaus walked in, carefully opening the door as if it was too loud it would cause Five to lose his shit. He knew any minute now Five would explode like a ticking time bomb. And he knew it would not be a pretty sight.

"Hey buddy~ How're ya feeling?"

"Like shit. Utter shit." Five responded coldly which Klaus winced at, knowing full well Five, out of all of them, would take this kind of thing the hardest.

Klaus just stood there awkwardly watching Five sit on his bed and leaning his back on the headboard. Klaus really didn't know what to say. What would you even say to a person who just got shot by someone they highly trusted and admired? 'Oh hey dude, sorry you got stabbed in the back by someone you respected but like, move on'.

"Sorry about (Y/n)." Klaus said as he fumbled with his fingers, his voice getting quiet to mutter the name he knew he shouldn't have brought up.

Five's head snapped over to Klaus with a sour look, almost offended he dared to say her name at this time. His face grew a little softer when he realized he just wanted to get rid of his thoughts by just saying them out loud to one of his only siblings that would just listen and not make comments.

"Every time I close my goddamn eyes all I see is her. Do you know how fucking annoying that is? It makes me want to shove my head down a paper shredder." He growled out then returned to his stare at the wall.

Klaus bit his tongue, waiting for him to continue.

"But the thing that pisses me off most is that even though this whole time she's been blind, I still thought we could make it." Klaus tilted his head, "What do you mean?" Five looked back over to Klaus, his eyes beginning to look glossy. "All my life I've only been pretending and imagining. Even when I was stuck in the apocalypse I pretended a fucking mannequin loved me... and now... I thought this real, amazing, mysterious girl actually felt something for me too..." Five then looked to his hands, squeezing them together as if it would make him feel better.

"But no. She made me break two of my promises. She left me no choice but to physically harm her in order for her to just listen to me. I promised to get us both out of danger. While I left the Facility due to my injury, I never meant or wanted to leave (Y/n) behind." He told Klaus with real, genuine sincerity.