The White Violin Pt.2

Song Choice: Melanie Martinez - Fire Drill

"Yeah, yeah, I did... take credit for it. In fact, the real hero... was Ben." Klaus admitted.

Complete awkward silence.

Klaus noticed this and began to explain in a desperate manner. "Today... Listen. Today, he punched me in the face. And earlier at the house, he was the one who saved Diego's life, not me."

"You are unbelievable, Klaus." Luther snapped.

"You want proof, is that it?" Klaus picked up a bowling ball and positioned himself like he was about to underhand toss it to someone. "All right. I... I'll give you proof. All right, it's showtime, baby. Catch!"

Klaus threw the ball, Five quickly moved out of the way but (Y/n) was too occupied in her thoughts to flinch at the ball flying past her. The ball hit the ground uninterrupted.

Luther glared at his dark haired brother. "Is there any way to silence that voice in your head that screams out to be the center of attention?"

Klaus glared back with sass. "You know, I liked you a lot better before you got laid."

That caught everyone off guard even (Y/n) who choked on a chuckle she tried to hide. Luther's eyes widened and Allison's eyebrows snapped forward.

Klaus noticed the mistake and tried to quickly fix it. "Which was a complete... It... It wasn't his fault, 'cause he was ridiculously high, right? And... And the girl, she thought he was a furry..."

"Stop!"
"Okay."

Luther slowly turned his head to Allison but she was already leaving. "Allison, wait."

The remaining four watched the two leave before a red headed mother came over with her son wrapped up her arm. "Excuse me!"

The group turned to the woman. "Excuse me, it's my son Kenny's birthday today, and... Uh... wouldn't your kids be happier playing with kids their own age?"

(Y/n) almost snorted as she thought about how miserable her and Five probably looked to everyone else.

"Assuming it's okay with your two dads." The woman asked as she looked down at the Five and (Y/n).

Diego and Klaus looked at each other and (Y/n) got up, since she was trying to be a better person, but Five harshly pulled her back down.

"I would rather chew off my own foot."

The woman looked shocked at Five's attitude and guided her and her son away from the group. "Let's go, Kenny."

The mother reminded (Y/n) of her own deceased mother, which reminded her of her newly deceased motherly figure, which reminded her of another specific woman. And that last thought made (Y/n) sick to her stomach. She pushed herself out of her seat and launched at a garbage can next to their alley to release vomit.

Five automatically sprung up when (Y/n) did and he rushed to her side to pat the (H/c) girls back as she spat and coughed out some remaining puke juices, (Five obviously forgetting to hold her (H/l) hair back due to his lack of knowledge to woman problems). She remained in her position with her hands gripping the edges of the can, her head almost going in the can with her hair sprawled all around her.

"(Y/n) what's up with you? I've never seen you this nervous." Five asked, too used to her laid back self.

The said girl spat a few more times to rid of the gross flavor in her mouth and raised her head back up, her face looking pale and slightly shiny from sweat. She wiped her forehead with her wrist and turned to Five.

"I just feel weird for doing the right thing. I'm too used to doing nothing but bad, corrupt actions that led to disastrous destruction in the end. So it feels weird doing the exact opposite. I know it sounds stupid but-"

"No, no, you don't have to explain. I know it's hard for you and just know that I'll always be here to help you out with all the morals."

'Maybe I should tell him, he deserves to know but what if he gets the wrong idea and doesn't trust me enough to believe I'm telling the truth...'

"I know... and thank you. For everything you've done for me, you really are the best thing that has ever happened to me." (Y/n) admitted truthfully, her voice cracking at her last words.

With his hand resting on her back, the two went to go sit back down but (Y/n)'s eyes studied the clock as she counted the future seconds up to the current second. Right as they were about to pass it, the Ball Return made a strange sucking noise then spat out a sort of vessel. (Y/n) looked at it in confusion but Five seemed to know exactly what it was as he quickly went over to it and opened up the container. He pulled out a piece of paper and read it in his mind.

"How the hell did she find me?" Five whispered to himself. He dropped the piece of paper and pulled out a fortune cookie from the capsule. He cracked it in half and read the small slip of paper. He chuckled sourly and looked over at his siblings then at (Y/n).

"You stay here with them, I need to have a talk with the Handler." He told her and turned to leave but she grabbed him by the elbow. "No. I'm coming with you. You said yourself we work better as a team. And we don't know what she wants with you."

That damn foxy expression on her bewitching face was enough to convince him without an argument. "Fine, let's go." He quickly said as he walked toward her and gripped her arms, immediately jumping them to a hallway.

(Y/n) looked around her new surroundings as music filled her ears. "Stay here and stay on guard." Five ordered and she nodded in understanding.

Five was about to enter the room but a voice stopped him. "Five, I've been waiting for you."

He sighed and cursed to himself, he was hoping he could sneak in. He walked through the doorway slowly, closing the door to keep (Y/n) hidden, and his eyes first landed on the captive old woman before the Handler who was seated seductively on the bed. "You must really like donuts."

"It's been a while."
"Three days."
"For you, maybe. But for me, it's been a lot longer since I've seen those adorable little shorts."
"Well, you've had time to heal."

The Handler began walking down the steps. "Luckily, for both of us, time... is the one thing my organization has an abundance of. You really did some damage. The briefcases were all but destroyed, to say nothing of the... highly trained personnel you killed. After all, what is an institution if not for-" "What do you want?" Five snapped, glaring up at the woman.

"To be happy." She responded simply. "To have a simple... unfettered life, to... do the work my superiors require. But..." She walked over to the couch and sat down, "your being here, well, it complicates all that."

"Billions of people are about to die tonight. You can change that."
"Tonight, tomorrow. So little difference in the scheme of things. Don't you remember the Commission's raison d'être? What's meant to be is meant to be, or, as I like to say, que será, será."

"It's bullshit in any language." Five argued, antagonized. "I want to know how the hell you found me. I had no tracking device on me."

The Handler grinned widely, like she was waiting patiently for him to ask that.

( Author: Only three more chapters left for Season 1! )