Chapter 114

~Third Person~

Everything seemed fuzzy, slow. Renee jumped to her feet and drew her wand. Many people were only just realizing that something strange had happened; heads were still turning toward the silver lynx as it vanished. Silence spread outward in cold ripples from the place where the Patronus had landed. Then somebody screamed.

Renee, Harry and Hermione threw themselves into the panicking crowd. Guests were sprinting in all directions; many were Disapparating; the protective enchantments around the Burrow had broken.

"Oliver!" Renee cried as she went to find Oliver. "Oliver where are you?"

As she pushed her way across the dance floor, Renee saw cloaked and masked figures appearing in the crowd; then she saw her parents, Regulus Black and Vivienne Price - Black, their wands raised, and heard both of them shout, "Protego!", a cry that was echoed on all sides —

Renee continued shouting for Oliver's name until Oliver caught hold of Renee's free arm.

"Why, what's happening, love?" asked Oliver as he looked at Renee with worried eyes.

Renee did not utter a word, except, she flung her hands onto his nape and went in for a kiss. The world revolving around them seemed to have stop when their lips touched, all the chaos were no longer lingering around them and they were the only one existing.

It was only when Renee pulled away when they went back into reality, Oliver looked at her with worried and concerned eyes.

"I need to go, Oliver, I need to go with Harry and the others, I'm sorry I didn't inform you sooner but I hope you'll understand." Said Renee, gripping her wand tightly as she explained.

"But —"

Renee didn't let him finish.

"I love you, goodbye." She said before finally scurrying off to find Harry and Hermione who was both off to find Ron so they could finally go.

"Douleur!" casted Renee as she passed a couple of Death Eaters. Their skin bore blisters and an excruciating pain that took over their whole body.

She continued to run to find Harry, Hermione and Ron. As she did, she caught a glimpse of Blaise Zabini who was fighting off the Death Eaters together with his step-sibling Rose and at the same time looking around as though he was trying to find somebody. Rose was behind him, her wand clutched in her fingers but it seems like his brother doesn't want her to fight.

Renee continued to run until she finally saw them. She ran fast and felt someone push her to add to her speed, she looked back and saw Lilith Sephitis, she gave her a nod and glanced to her mother and father before the four of them finally Disapparated out of the Burrow, away from the chaos.

Or that's what they thought.

"Where are we?" said Ron's voice.

Renee opened her eyes. For a moment she thought they had not left the wedding after all: They still seemed to be surrounded by people.

"Tottenham Court Road," panted Hermione. "Walk, just walk, we need to find somewhere for you to change."

The three did what Hermione had said. They half walked, half ran up the wide dark street thronged with late night revelers and lined with closed shops, stars twinkling above them. A double decker bus rumbled by and a group of merry pub goers ogled them as they passed; Harry and Ron were still wearing dress robes while Hermione and Renee were still wearing dresses.