Chapter 50

The Lion and the broken Badger

"And now we have the match that everyone have been waiting for, will Gryffindor take back their place and defeat Hufflepuff? Or will Hufflepuff win again." Lee Jordan was once again the commentator of the game. I took a deep breath before looking at the members of my team and spoke some inspiring words to them.

"We have by far, won 2 times in a row against Ravenclaw while I'm part of the team, so now all we have to do is beat Gryffindor who you all beat last, last year so we can me the hall of famer." I said and they nodded as we got ready to go out of the stadium. We changed into our canary-yellow robes and raincoats before I gave them another pre-match pep talk, which turned out to be — uh let's just say — not the best.

When we were finally called by Madam Hooch, we made our way to the field, it was raining heavily but that wasn't a good enough reason to cancel this match. The fog was so thick that we can barely see each other, it was cold, the wind was so strong that we staggered sideways as we walked onto the field and it was dark even though it was just after lunch. The crowd was cheering, but we couldn't hear it clearly over the fresh rolls of thunder. Rain was splattering all over my face that I could barely see, how on earth will Diggory see the Snitch this way?

"And here is Hufflepuff making their way to the field!" yelled Lee Jordan as we made our way to the middle of the stadium "Godfrey, Diggory, Smith, Apple Bee, Fleet, O'Flaherty and Rickett. They have won against Ravenclaw this year and last year, also beating Gryffindor last, last year when Diggory caught the snitch, will they win again and be one of the most powerful competitors?"

"Godfrey and Wood," Madam Hooch called us both, we stepped forward and looked at each other's eyes. His pair of light brown eyes was still shining in the rain and my autumn green  eyes stood out into the gloomy weather. "Captains, shake hands." Said Madam Hooch, Oliver and I reached each other's hands and shook each other's hands.

"Good luck, love" he whispered as he smiled, I could barely see his face because of the heavy rain and the thick fog.

"You might need that more, Mr. Oliver Wood" I said as I took my hand from him and shook the sleeve of my raincoat which splattered the water to his face making him flinch, he wiped it with his robe before looking at me and shaking his head as he smiled.

"Mount your brooms" Madam Hooch commanded to all fourteen players, I pulled my right foot out the mud with a squelch and swung it over my Firebolt. Madam Hooch put her whistle to her lips and gave it a blast that sounded shrill and distant and we were off. I rose fast but my Firebolt was swerving slightly with the wind. I held it as steady I could and turned, squinting into the rain.

The balls were released and all players shot upward, I quickly caught the Quaffle and gave Angelina Johnson a wink as I zoom to the goal where Oliver was waiting for me. "And its Hufflepuff in possession, Godfrey of Hufflepuff got the Quaffle once again! Now speeding to Wood who is very focused to her." Said Jordan's amplified voice which was fighting with the loud rain and thunder.

As I speed off to the goal I saw the new Gryffindor beater in the corner of my eyes, he waited for the bludger and hit it with his Beater club towards me. I dodged his hit easily and looked at him with a disappointed expression. "Improving, Sloper but still not enough to knock me off" I said to Sloper and zoomed to the goal.

"Now will Godfrey score or will Wood successfully block her shot?" Lee Jordan's voice echoed in the whole stadium, beating the loud rain. I battled with the rain and the wind as I leaned on my broom for me to go faster, Angelina on the other hand was still chasing me with the other chasers from Gryffindor.