Chapter 97

O B S E S S I ON

I blew my whistle as I quickly rushed to Dran who was now falling from a height from his broom, we were practicing for tomorrow's match against the Gryffindor Quiddtich team but he flew up so high and got accidentally hit by a Bludger.

"Arresto Momentum!" I shouted holding out my left hand, my ring shone a green light and it escaped as it flew over to Dran who was still mid-air and falling. It slowed him down and tried to reduce the damage but as it was my first time casting a spell with my ring, it wasn't that powerful.

He let out a loud groan as his body had hit the ground. "Summerby!" all of us shouted in chorus as we zoomed to him and touched back down.

"Urgh!" he groaned, holding his right arm as he dealt with the pain it was causing. "I think it's broken..." he uttered in between his groans.

"We'll take him to Madam Pomfrey." Said Cadwallader as he and Smith rushed to help him stand up to take him to the hospital wing so Madam Pomfrey can tend to him. "Okay, slowly now, Smith."

"Where are we going to find a substitute to the substitute Seeker now? Tomorrow is the match against the Gryffindor team, we're sure going to lose now!" asked Angus as we went to the changing room along with Eleanor and Fawley.

"Why not let the original Seeker play?" said a familiar voice, my forehead creased as the four of us turned our heads around and there standing proudly stood the girl with scorching and fiery red hair that looks burning to the touch, orange sunset locks, capturing the light in vibrant ruby hues; flowing in gentle, warm curls of lava to her mid-back, her freckles like snow that landed in her pale face and her faded blue eyes that looked more grey now, she wore a wide smile on her face and her yellow canary Quidditch robes.

"Linda! You're back!" I said, beaming with joy as I saw Linda. "Why didn't you tell me? I should've gone to get you in the train station!" I said as I hugged her tightly.

"I didn't take the train, your mom, Aunt Vivienne Apparated me to Hogsmeade." Said Linda, my forehead creased.

My mom? Why is she here?

"My mom Apparated you here? Then where's she now?" I asked her.

"Well she said she needed to meet with Dumbledore, so she volunteered to Apparate me here and my Mum immediately said yes for she's Vivienne Price or Black or I don't really know." She let out a chuckle in her confusion. "So she's most likely be at Dumbledore's office right now." Answered Linda, she tip toed to look behind me where Angus, Eleanor and Atlas was waving at her with big smiles on their faces.

"Well then, we've got ourselves a Seeker."

"Captains, shake hands." Uttered Madam Hooch, our umpire.

Harry and I stared at each other before stepping up forward and shaking each other's hand. There was little wind; the clouds were patchy; every now and then there were dazzling flashes of bright sunlight. Spring was really approaching already.

"McLaggen, huh." I whispered to Harry as we shook each other's hand.

"Yeah, a piece of shit. Ron's better be well enough for the next game or I'm quitting." Said Harry, we both chortled. "I see you've got Chaddesley back now, good luck to you, Black." He added.