Chapter 40

The Devil's Snare

"Devil's snare!" I shouted as we ran back to the door but it was locked, "You locked it?!" I asked Blaise as we banged the door to catch a passerby's attention.

"No I didn't! It closed by itself!" he explained and we continued to try and open the door, "You deal with the Devil's snare and I'll try to open this Goddamn door!" he sad and I gave him a nod before facing the Devil's snare who was rushing towards us, ready to strangle us to our death.

"Lumos!" I muttered and a light came beaming from the end of my wand, The Devil's snare is afraid of the light so I hovered my wand around to scare it if it gets closer to me. I looked back to Blaise who is still trying to unlock the door but failed every time.

"Alohamora!" he uttered a spell but it was useless, Snape placed a lock that can't be open by magic that isn't him. I looked back at the Devil's snare and was caught off guard when it got my hand. My wand fell into the ground and the beaming light faded.

"Bloody Hell!" I shouted as it began to climb into my arm and shoulder. "Zabini!" I shouted, Blaise looked back at me. He panicked and pointed his wand to the Devil's snare who's now griping half of my body

"Hang, on! Relax Agape!" he shouted but I still kept on trying to get out from it

"Relax?! How the fuck can I relax?! I'm about to die you fucking stupid ass idiot!!!" I shouted as I struggled for it was almost devouring my whole entire fucking body!

"Lumos Solem!" He shouted but it wasn't enough, the Devil's snare didn't even budge. As it almost devoured my whole entire body, I looked at Blaise one more time and saw him still trying to fight the Devil's snare. "No! Agape!" he shouted before it finally got me.

Suddenly, a bright green light came beaming from my chest, It was my emerald necklace! "AHHHH!" I screamed for it caused too much pain in my chest but it scared the Devil's snare, it started to burn the plant, I screamed louder and the light grew brighter and brighter until the Devil's snare shattered into pieces and I fell into the cold and hard ground. I felt my energy drained from screaming and struggling to get out of the Devil's snare, my breathing was heavy as I tried to keep my eyes open but they were already getting heavy.

"Godfrey!" I heard Blaise shouted before he came running towards me. I heard the door creaked open, I turned my head and saw a tall man in all black and had long black hair. He uttered something before I lost my consciousness.

"Mr. Zabini and Ms. Godfrey!"

I opened my eyes and rubbed it a couple of times before I roamed my eyes around and realized where I was. "Merlin's beard! It hasn't been a week and you and Ms. Godfrey are back here in the Hospital wing again!" I heard Madam Pomfrey scold Zabini as I rub my eyes.

"Oh hey your awake now, Love" said a voice, I turned my head and saw Oliver sitting just beside me and was playing with the strands of my hair

"Thank goodness you're awake now Ms. Godfrey, you've been unconscious for hours now!" Madam Pomfrey said I gave her a small smile before looking at Blaise

"Hey..." I said and he gave a smirk as he shook his head.

"You defeated a Devil's snare, almost died and all you say is 'Hey'?" said Blaise and I let out a little laugh before saying something again.