Chapter 42

The Lion and the Serpent

                October flew so quickly and it was now November, it was getting colder and colder each morning but I didn't felt it. I was used in the cold for how my parent's house didn't have a heater nor a lighted fireplace. "Are you sure you're not cold?" asked Oliver as he wrapped his neck with his red scarf

                 "I'm fine, my room is colder than this" I said and laughed but I saw the sadness in his eyes, how he remembered how I looked like when he came to rescue me from our house. We walked together to the Great Hall and walked by pass the Slytherin's table. They were wearing in addition to the usual green and silvers scarves and hats, silver badges in the shape of what seemed to be crowns. I stopped when Blaise stood up in front of me and was also wearing the badge, I got my glasses from my pocket and wore it to read what was written in the badge. "Weasley is our king..." I read it out loud and realized that it was an insult to Ron.

                 I clenched my fist as I looked at Zabini. "Godfrey..." he uttered my name. I grabbed the badge from his robe aggressively and threw it to the ground

                "Reducto!" I said and it shattered to pieces. "Who did this?" I asked calmly first, I glanced at the Slytherins who were sitting down at the table but they didn't answered. "Who fucking did this?!" I said, starting to lose my temper, my voice echoed in the great hall. They ignored my gaze as I roamed my eyes around and there I saw Draco Malfoy standing in the other end of the Slytherin, looking at me with his pair of cold grey eyes with a smirked planted on his lips.

                  "Can't take a joke, Godfrey?" he asked as I rushed towards him while I clutched my wand tightly. I was ready to kill him even if I get a ticket to Azkaban, it will be worth it.

                 "Malfoy, I swear to Merlin" I said but was cut off by Oliver who came in between us

                  "Agape, calm yourself down, let's not cause a commotion here..." he whispered to me while he was glaring at Draco. I've calmed myself down but I was still fuming up a little, we sat down in our tables and good thing Hufflepuff's table is near Gryffindor's.

                   "Hello" a vague and dreamy voice interrupted our conversation about Ron. We looked at Luna who had drifted over from the Ravenclaw table. Students from other houses were staring at her for her hat. It was a life-size lion's head hat which was perched precariously on her head with her long blonde hair.

                  "What's that Luna?" asked Oliver, I swear to Merlin Mr. Wood. It was so obvious but he still asked.

                   "I'm supporting Gryffindor" said Luna while pointing at her Lion's head hat. "Look what it does..." she said as she reached up and tapped the hat with her wand. It opened its mouth wide open and gave an extremely realistic roar that made everyone in the Great Hall jump in surprise.

                   "It's good, isn't it?" asked Luna happily. "I wanted to have it chewing up a serpent to represent Slytherin, you know, but there wasn't time." She said and I looked at her amused, I didn't know she was this shady

                  "Great idea, Luna you should come to me and we'll finish your idea for the next match between them!" I said and they all laughed while the Slytherins glared at us from the other side of the Great Hall

                  "Anyway...good luck, Ronald!" she said before drifting away

                  "Good luck, Oliver. Don't try to drown yourself in the showers if you ever lost" I said and the Gryffindor Quidditch team laughed before leaving to prepare for their match against Slytherin.