Chapter 84

Love; the curse

"What do you think?" I asked Susan and Hannah as I gave the dress a twirl.

"Gross, disgusting, what's that word again? Oh yeah, shitty and — did I say gross?" said Annaliese who was reading her book while sitting up in her mattress, a leg on top of another.

"Fuck off, Rosier." I said rolling my eyes as I took another look of myself in the full length mirror in our room and seeing the silver snake at my back cooling down my spine.

"Yeah, whatever you say, Valerie." Said Rosier, I looked back at her with a rather insulted look and she gave me a sarcastic smile before she got back in reading her book. Fleur was only the one to call me by my second name, Valerie and she's the only one I allow to.

"I think it's ravishing, Agape." Said the pink-faced girl with blonde hair like swirls of buttermilk, Hannah Abbott who was smiling widely as she looked at me.

"Hmm...I too think it looks good but there's something missing—" said the girl with Red hair and a pale-freckled complexion, Susan Bones who was now making her to my vanity and opening my jewelry box. "Oh, here we go, perfecto..." uttered Susan as she walked towards me, her wand making two things from my jewelry box float towards me.

My eyes widened as I looked at the jewelry that was floating in the air, it was the hairclip that Oliver gave me in my 16th birthday along with the bracelet the Cedric gave at the same day. I realized how I never got to use them, but I am now. The clip slid into my hair which was styled by me myself and the bracelet to my wrist.

"Just what you needed."

I went out to the Common Room at almost eight o'clock, students were knocking in my dorm saying that there was a Slytherin guy just outside the dorm and I immediately knew who it was.

I looked around the Common Room, it is round and earthy and low-ceiling; it always fells sunny, and its circular windows have a view of rippling grass and dandelions. There is a lot of burnished cooper about the place, and many plants, which either hang from the ceiling or sit on the windowsills. Our Head of house, Professor Pomona Sprout, is Head of Herbology, and she brings the most interesting plant specimens (some of which dance and talk) to decorate our room — one reason why Hufflepuffs are often very good at Herbology.

Our overstuffed sofas and chairs are upholstered in yellow and black, and our dormitories are reached through round doors in the walls of the common room. Cooper lamps cast a warm light over our four-posters, all of which are covered in patchwork, and copper bed warmers hang on the walls, should you have cold feet.

I walked to the exit of the Common room, all of the students that were there stared at me as I made my way there but I ignored them. I held the handle of the door tightly before uttering to myself.

"Here goes nothing."

~3RD Person~

Blaise was already outside the Hufflepuff Common Room just near the kitchen, he arrived so earlier than the said time so he was just leaning in the barrels waiting for Agape.

He caught the glances of the Hufflepuffs leaving and entering the Common Room, some are approaching him and asking him who he was waiting but being the snob he is, he never answered any of the questions.

Finally, the rounded door swung open and revealed the woman she was waiting for, the pale-freckled blonde girl dressed in emerald green beaded dress ending right below her knee, her untamed blonde hair flowing like a river and her eyes were green. The kind of green that pushed its way through the piles of gritty snow to remind you that spring was coming. The kind of green that budded on the prisoners of winter, bringing life back to their branches.