Chapter 66

Diagon Alley

After an hour of scolding from mom, she finally let me go upstairs to my room to rest. She really wasn't planning to stop until Dad told her to, I mean Sirius must've gone to sleep already and she's shouting like a — err — mad man.

I let out a sigh as I sat down my mattress, I laid half of my body as I looked up in the ceiling which I enchanted to be the night sky. Shortly, there came a knocking sound on my window, I jolted up and saw a grey owl knocking it's beak onto my bedroom's window. It had silvery gray feathers patterned with fine white, gray and brown streaking and faint barring, it had a pair of shining yellow eyes that shined through the fine gray-and-brown concentric circles of their facial disk.

I quickly opened shot up to open my window and there the owl flew inside my bedroom, carrying an envelope. "Aspen..." I read the name on the pendant in his collar and asked myself: whose owl might this be? The owl hooted as I got the envelope that he was holding onto.

"To: Renee Valerie Black...From: Blaise Zabini, Blaise? Why did he send me a letter?" I asked myself as my eyes drifted from the parchment I was holding to the owl on top of my table. I opened the envelope and took out the parchment inside and began reading it. "Renee Valerie Black,"

"It has been a month or two already I think. How are you doing?Well, I myself is doing fine this summer, except I'm stuck here at the Agapov manor,I kept telling my mother that I want to return to our manor but she said we need to stay here. She grew quite fond of Mr. Agapov, she's been the happiest these days so I suppose that can be a reason why I should stay here. Your friend — and my new step-sister I suppose —, Rose has been telling me about how she went to see you weekly this summer. We're not close but I can say that we're working on it. See you at Hogwarts, Renee.

"Sincerely yours, Blaise Zabini" I read out the letter as I laid back down my bed, I smiled as a thought came to my head. "Well, his writing is not bad, not as bad as Oliver —" I stopped immediately and the smile in my face faded. We never really talked since that day at St. Mungo's, I guess this is better so he can move on, so am I.

I wrote back to him immediately telling him about my summer of course, but what I didn't tell him is about me going to the Burrow, why? Because he's friends with families of Death Eaters, I don't trust him fully yet. I didn't tell him about the Grimmauld for it is still the Order's headquarters. Enough with the 'I didn't tell him' things, I told him about Rose and Kenji, ever since that day in the park when Rose met Kenji, she really insisted to visit two times a week just to see Kenji. I wonder what would Mr. Agapov will think, I heard he disliked muggles, when he first met me he really didn't like me but when he knew about me being a part of the Black family.

I don't dislike those who believe in Pureblood supremacy but I also don't 'love' them. They're mean and racist in wizards, just like how Draco treated me when we first met. I hated him to the core but now, I have this little tiny hope that he might change. The reason why I don't hate them? Well, they just want to maintain their pureblood blood line but if they bloody marry their family members, IT'S A BIG NO FOR ME.

"Amulets, effective against Werewolves, Dementors and Inferi" I read the cardboard sign pinned in front Flourish and Blotts. A seedy looking wizard was rattling armfuls of silver symbols on chains at passerby.