Chapter 129

"Girl to Girl"

The drawing room of the Malfoy Manor dazzled after the darkness outside. A crystal chandelier hung from the ceiling of the wide room, more portraits against the dark purple walls. Figures rose from chairs in front of an ornate marble fireplace as we were forced into the room by the Snatchers.

"What is this?"

My head shot up to see it was, it was the dreadfully familiar, drawling voice of Lucius Malfoy that spoke.

"They say they've got Potter," said Aunt Narcissa's cold voice. "Draco, come here."

I looked over to the figure who was rising from an armchair, his face a pale and pointed blur beneath white-blond hair and walking towards Narcissa, it was my cousin, Draco Malfoy. There was some sort of relief that I felt as I saw their faces. I haven't seen him in a long time, and this is how we meet again, me in another person's face.

"What?" Draco uttered as if he was angry.

"I don't know Draco, but that's what the werewolf claims." uttered Narcissa.

Draco stared at Harry's face but his gaze turned to me.

"Who is she?" he pointed at me.

He looked into my eyes and so did I, I stared at him as if I was trying to convey a message into his head.

"She claims to be Dainty Scamander." the Snatcher holding my uttered.

"Well, Draco?" said Lucius. He sounded avid. "Is it? Is it Harry Potter?"

Come on, Draco.

I uttered in my head, I didn't know what he was thinking, if he was going to turn Harry in or save our asses.

"I can't — I can't be sure," said Draco. He was keeping his distance from Greyback, and seemed as scared of looking at Harry as Harry was of looking at him.

"But look at him carefully, look! Come closer!"

I had never heard Lucius Malfoy so excited.

"Draco, if we are the ones who hand Potter over to the Dark Lord, everything will be forgiv —"

"Now, we won't be forgetting who actually caught him, I hope, Mr. Malfoy?" said Greyback menacingly.

"Of course not, of course not!" said Lucius impatiently. He approached Harry himself.

I gulped in anxiousness.

"What did you do to him?" Lucius asked Greyback. "How did he get into this state?"

"That wasn't us." reasoned Greyback.

"Looks more like a Stinging Jinx to me," said Lucius as his cold gray eyes raked Harry's forehead.

"There's something there," he whispered, I cursed under my breath, "it could be the scar, stretched tight.....Draco, come here, look properly! What do you think?"

Draco walked up to Harry, examining his face.

"I don't know," said Draco, and he walked away toward the fireplace where his mother stood watching.

"We had better be certain, Lucius," Narcissa called to her husband in her cold, clear voice. "Completely sure that it is Potter, before we summon the Dark Lord here for nothing....Remember what he did to Rowle?"

"What about the Mudblood, then?" growled Greyback.

"Wait," said Narcissa sharply, my heart dropped. "Yes — yes, she was in Madam Malkin's with Potter! I saw her picture in the Prophet! Look, Draco, isn't it the Granger girl?"