Chapter 119

Splinched

It was a nightmare, I woke up in the middle of the woods struggling to breathe but managed to stand up and saw the horrifying thing that happened to Ron, he was groaning and screeching in pain. Harry was unconscious, while Hermione was slowly gaining her consciousness.

"He's splinched, Mione." I said nervously now tending to Ron's arm.

There was a horrified expression on Hermione's face as she rushed towards the both of us and looked at Ron. The Polyjuice Potion was wearing off now on Ron's face, he was between Cattermole and himself in appearance, his hair turning redder and redder as his face drained of the little color it had left.

It was a while later when Harry had finally woken up.

"What's happened to him?" he asked.

"Splinched," I said, my fingers already busy at Ron's sleeve, where the blood was pouring out like spilled water.

Harry watched, horrified as we are. There was a great chunk of flesh missing from Ron's upper arm, scooped cleanly away as though by a knife.

"Harry, quickly, in my bag, there's a small bottle labeled 'Essence of Dittany' —" Hermione ordered Harry.

"Bag — right —" said Harry and sped to the place where Hermione had landed, seized the tiny beaded bag and started reaching inside.

"Quickly!" said Hermione with haste as we tended to Ron's wound.

He grabbed his wand from the ground and pointed it into the depths of the magical bag.

"Accio Dittany!"

The small brown bottle zoomed out of the bag and he hastened to go back to Hermione, me and Ron, whose eyes were now half-closed, strips of white eyeball all that were visible between his lids.

"He's fainted," I said, my appearance now slowly turning back.

"Do it for me, Agape, my hands are shaking." said Hermione, who was also rather pale; she no longer looked like Mafalda, though her hair was still gray in places.

I wrenched the stopper off the little bottle and poured three drops of the potion onto the bleeding wound. Greenish smoke billowed upward and when it had cleared, the bleeding had stopped. The wound now looked several days old; new skin stretched over what had just open flesh.

"Wow," said Harry, in awe.

"It's all I feel safe doing," said Hermione shakily. "There are spells that would put him completely right, but I don't dare try in case I do them wrong and cause more damage....He's lost so much blood already..."

"How did he get hurt? I mean" — I shook my head, trying to clear it, to make sense of whatever had just taken place — "why are we here? I clearly remember that we were going back to Grimmauld Place?" I asked Hermione.

Hermione took a deep breath. She looked close to tears.

"Agape, I don't think we're going to be able to go back there." said Hermione which made my forehead crease.

"What d'you —"

"As we Disapparated, Yaxley caught hold of me and I couldn't get rid of him, he was too strong, and he was still holding on when we arrived at Grimmauld Place, and then — well, I think he must have seen the door, and thought we were stopping there, so he slackened his grip and I manage to shake him off and I brought us here instead!" explained Hermione.