Chapter 143

An Old Friend

We've finally touched ground to a nearby forest. Oliver went down from Buckbeak's back first then held his hand up to help me down.

"Thanks, big guy. Now off you go back to Hagrid." said Oliver as he caressed Buckbeak's head.

Buckbeak chirped as he spread his gigantic wings and took off once again.

"When did you arrive? I didn't see you with the Quidditch team earlier at the Room of Requirement." I asked him as we both watched Buckbeak fly away from us.

"Well, I did arrive with them but I went out of the room first. You were so hard to find, you know." he scoffed, placing his hand on my head and messing my hair.

I smiled, it's been a long time since I saw him, and considering how I left him the last time we met, I thought he'd hate me.

"I don't," he uttered all of a sudden.

"What do you mean?" I asked as my brows furrowed.

"I don't hate you for what you did, you were impatient and worried about your friends...I understand that you needed to leave," he uttered.

I stared at him, straight at his brown captivating eyes.

"Is there something in my face?" he asked as his hand attempted to touch his face but I caught it, stopping his hand. A smile etched on my lips. A genuine, soft smile as I looked at his face.

"No," I uttered under my breath as I held his face with both of my hands and tiptoed to reach his face and kissed his lips. He stiffened at my actions. He was frozen as I pressed my lips against his, but then he slowly melted into the kiss, cupping my face with his soiled hands but it didn't matter to me. At least he was here. Here with me, safe and sound.

It was me who broke the kiss, leaning my head backwards. We both just stood there staring at each other's eyes. Quite awkward in the silence. He looked like he was pouting as I looked at him.

Eager for more, I see.

I cleared my throat instead. There were other things that should be done.

"We should —"

I couldn't finish what I was saying as Oliver pulled me into a hug, a warm and tight one, one that I wished could last forever.

"I love you," he whispered as he looked at me.

"Come again?" I asked teasefully.

"I'm not gonna repeat it, you repeat it." said Oliver, grinning like a kid.

"Well, there's a war going on, Mr. Wood, so I suggest we help them now instead of repeating and replying words here."

He laughed, I smiled as his laughter rang sweetly in my ears.

"Then, I'll be waiting for your reply later." said Oliver as he gave me a peck on my forehead.

"I better find Harry and the others..." I uttered, as it struck me again.

Sirius is dead...

"Be careful, I'm going to help out with the others." muttered Oliver, I gave him a small smile as a reply before he went off another path. But he stopped and looked back at me.

"Your wand!" he shouted as he threw me my wand. "Don't go falling off towers now, Agape!"

I caught my wand and watched his figure disappear as he walked farther away from me. I stood there for a while, looking at the dark sky. A tear fell from my eye, I wiped it with my hand as I finally started walking and in merely a second, I Disapparated.