Chapter 100

Douleur

                "Wow," said Ron, when Harry had finally finished telling us everything about Voldemort's Horcruxes and Dumbledore's promise to take Harry along in finding another one; Ron was waving his wand very vaguely in the direction of the ceiling without paying the slightest bit of attention to what he was doing. "Wow. You're actually going to go with Dumbledore...and try and destroy...wow."

                "Ron, you're making it snow," said Hermione patiently, grabbing his wrist and redirecting his wand away from the ceiling from which, sure enough, large white flakes had started to fall. Lavender Brown, I noticed, glared at Hermione from the neighboring table through very red eyes, and Hermione immediately let go of Ron's arm.

                "Oh yeah," said Ron, looking down at his shoulders in vague surprise. "Sorry...looks like we've all got horrible dandruff now..." he apologized.

                He brushed some of the fake snow off Hermione's shoulder. Lavender burst into tears. Ron looked immensely guilty and turned his back on her. Linda and I looked at each other, she wasn't under the Muffliato Charm for I could Obliviate her later and she wouldn't remember everything that Harry had said.

                "We've split up," said Ron out of the corner of his mouth. "Last night. When she saw me coming out of the dormitory with Hermione. Obviously she couldn't see you, so she thought it had been the two of us."

                "Ah," said Harry. "Well — you don't mind it's over, do you?"

                "No," Ron admitted, what a jerk. "It was pretty bad while she was yelling, but at least I didn't have to finish it."

                "Coward," I uttered as I was staring at Professor Flitwick as he got flooded with fake snow in the middle of the room, I could feel Ron's gaze.

                "Well, it was a bad night for romance all around. Ginny and Dean had split up too, Harry." Said Hermione, I took my gaze off Professor Flitwick and Hermione and I both looked at Harry with an eyebrow lifted.

                We looked at him with a knowing look in the eye as Hermione told her that, I used a Legilimency on him a lot of times to know his feelings about Ginny and of course I told Hermione, but we didn't tell Ginny because, 'coz where's the fun in that?

                "How come?" asked Harry, trying to keep his face as immobile and his voice as indifferent as he could.

                "Oh, something really silly...She said he was always trying to help her through the portrait hole, like she couldn't climb in herself...but they've been a bit rocky for ages."

                I glanced over at Dean on the other side of the classroom. He certainly looked unhappy.

                Poor guy.

                "Linda..." said Harry, Linda turned to him. "....that necklace...can you remember who gave it to you now?" he asked. I glared at him as I gripped my wand threatening him.

                "No," said Linda, shaking her head ruefully. "Everyone's been asking me, but I haven't got a clue. The last thing I remember was walking into the ladies' in the Three Broomsticks."

                "You definitely went into the bathroom, then?" said Hermione.

                "Well, I know I pushed open the door," said Linda, "so I suppose whoever Imperiused me, was standing just behind it. After that, my memory's a blank until about 5 months ago in St. Mungo's."