Chapter 98

Binoculars

"What did Ginny and Dean row about, Hermione?" asked Harry as we walked to the Great Hall for breakfast. Harry and Ron just got discharged early in the morning, I still wasn't talking to Harry about what happened last night but Hermione pulled me with them and told me to have breakfast with them. She really never waited for my answer and just pulled me with her.

"Oh, Dean was laughing about McLaggen hitting that Bludger at you," answered Hermione.

"It must've looked funny," said Ron reasonably.

"It didn't look funny at all!" said Hermione hotly. "It looked terrible and if Coote and Peakes hasn't caught Harry he could have been very badly hurt!"

"Yeah, in our last match I got a concussion and Merlin knows how much broken bones. But yeah sure Ron, it looked funny." I said sarcastically, they turned and I shrugged at them.

"Yeah, well, there was no need for Ginny and Dean to split up over it," said Harry, still trying to sound casually, I laughed at that. I knew how badly he wanted them to split up, I mean who doesn't know about his feelings over Ginny. "Or are they still together?"

"Yes, they are — but why are you so interested?" asked Hermione, giving Harry a sharp look.

"I just don't want my Quidditch team messed up again!" he said hastily, but Hermione and I continued to look at him with suspiciousness.

"Quidditch team messed up my ass —!" I uttered but was cut off by the dreamy voice that I heard all day long yesterday.

"Harry!" a soft dreamy voice said behind us, giving Harry an excuse to turn his back on us.

"Oh, hi, Luna." Said Harry.

"I went to the hospital wing to find you," said Luna, rummaging in her bag. "But they said you'd left..."

She thrust what appeared to be a green onion, a large spotted toad stool, and a considerable amount of what looked like cat litter into Ron's hands, finally pulling out a rather grubby scroll of parchment that she handed to Harry.

"...I've been told to give you this." Uttered Luna.

It was a small roll of parchment, which the four of us recognized at once as another invitation to a lesson with Dumbledore.

"Tonight," he told Ron, Hermione and I, once he had unrolled it.

"Nice commentary last match!" said Ron to Luna as she took back the green onion, the toadstool, and the cat litter. Luna smiled vaguely.

"You're making fun of me, aren't you?" said Luna. "Everyone says I was dreadful."

"No, I'm serious!" said Ron earnestly.

"No, my uncle is Sirius." I slip up a joke, they chuckled but ignored it.

"No, really. I can't remember enjoying commentary more! What is this, by the way?" asked Ron, holding the onion like object up to eye level.

"Oh, it's a Gurdyroot," she answered, stuffing the cat litter and the toad stool back into her bag. "You can keep it if you like, I've got a few of them. They're really excellent for warding off Gulping Plimpies."