Chapter 124

"Ronald Weasley is a complete arse" -H.J.Granger

It was snowing by the time I took over the watch at midnight. Nothing interesting happened but I was nervous that a snake would attack us any second, or worse, Voldemort himself.

Hermione also volunteered to join me and after a while Harry joined us in the entrance of the tent. Hermione was reading A History of Magic by the light of her wand. The snow was still falling thickly and it was freezing.

"Hey," called Harry.

Hermione and I turned to him.

"We should leave and go somewhere else, don't you think?" said Harry as he shivered in the cold.

Hermione and I nodded.

"Sure, we'll go somewhere more sheltered," I agreed, shivering as I pulled on a sweatshirt over my pajamas. "I kept thinking I could hear people moving outside too. I even thought I saw somebody once or twice."

Harry paused in the act of pulling on a jumper and glanced at the silent, motionless Sneakoscope on the table.

"I'm sure I imagined it," I said as I gave a nervous chuckle. "The snow in the dark, it plays tricks on your eyes."

"Perhaps we ought to Disapparate under the Invisibility Cloak, just in case?" said Hermione who looked nervous too.

Half an hour later, with the tent packed, Harry holding both our hands, me who was wearing the Horcrux, and Hermione clutching the beaded bag, we Disapparated. The usual tightness engulfed us, and after that, we landed in what felt like frozen earth covered with leaves.

"Where are we, Hermione?" I asked Hermione, peering around at a fresh mass of trees and dusting off the leaves that stuck to my coat as Hermione opened the beaded bag and began tugging out tent poles.

"The Forest of Dean," she answered as she tried to take out the tent. "I came camping here once with my mum and dad."

Here too snow lay on the trees all around and it was bitterly cold, but we were at least protected from the wind. We spent most of the day inside the tent, huddled for warmth around the useful bright blue flames that I was so adept at producing, and which could be scooped up and carried around in a jar.

After two nights of little sleep, my senses seemed more alert than usual. Our escape from Godric's Hollow had been so narrow that Voldemort seemed somehow closer than before, more threatening. As darkness drew in again, I offered to keep watch but Harry refused and told Hermione and I to go to sleep.

Taking Hermione's wand with him, he went out of the tent to keep watch.

Hermione and I went to lay down at the bunk beds but we didn't sleep, our minds were wide awake.

"Agape," she called out my name.

"Hmm?" I muttered.

"Don't you miss your parents?" asked Hermione, I sat up and looked down at her.

"Of course I do, don't you?" I replied and asked her back.

"I also do, I do miss them but I need to help Harry with his mission, it's for our safety and my family too....for the whole Wizarding World." said Hermione, sadness was obvious in her voice.

"For the whole Wizarding World." I repeated in a very quiet voice.

"Well, we should really hurry in finding the Horcruxes so Harry could beat the fuck out of You-Know-Who and everything would be back to normal again." I said chuckling, trying to lift up the mood.