Chapter 82

Moon Lit Sky

After the loud music and screams of the wining celebration at the Hufflepuff Common Room, I am now surrounded with the peaceful and relaxing silence of the Prefect's bathroom and the sound of water moving and dripping, submerged in the warm water, foam, bubbles and the soft ripples that any movement made.

People were wasted at the party, while I left after an hour of smiling and thanking people who congratulated me and the Hufflepuff Quidditch team. I decided to leave and went here in the Prefect's bathroom instead for I needed to take a bath and relax at the same time.

That match was tiring — well technically every match is tiring — but I really felt the exhaustion in this match, just imagine a Bludger chasing you around and attacking you every single second of the game, sitting in a broom for hours and hours and keeping your eyes open every time — don't even fucking think of blinking — but was it really the match that was tiring?

The Prefect's bathroom, it's actually the main thing why I wanted to be a Prefect — nah just kidding — the bathroom was softly lit by a splendid candle-filled chandelier, and everything was made of white marble, including the rectangular swimming pool sunk into the middle of the floor where I am now submerged, wearing a bathing suit of course, I'm not that crazy to take a dip all naked here.

About a hundred golden taps stood all around the pool's edges, each with a differently colored jewel set into its handle. There was also a diving board. Long white linen curtains hung at the windows, awning and shading the moon lit sky. There's also a large pile of fluffy white towels sat in a corner.

My mind was drifting and floating as I stared at the single golden-framed painting on the wall that featured a blond mermaid who was fast asleep on a rock, her long hair over her face. It fluttered every time she snorted.

"What a lovely evening, Agape." Said a voice, I jumped a little in shock and for it brought me back to reality. I looked around, sputtering, and saw the ghost of a very glum-looking girl sitting cross-legged on top of one of the taps. It was Moaning Myrtle, who was usually to be heard sobbing in the S-bend of a toilet three floors below.

"Myrtle!" I said in shock, "you startled me! I almost had a heart attack!" I uttered, holding my chest in shock and looking at her.

"I've been here for minutes now, Agape. Haven't you noticed? Or were you too busy mentally talking with yourself and daydreaming?" said Myrtle, blinking at me through her thick spectacles.

"Oh, I didn't notice..." I whispered, looking down at the water and waving my arms around to make ripples.

"It's alright, why are you here in the middle of the night?" asked Myrtle as I kept on making ripples with my movements. "I heard there was a party at the Hufflepuff Common Room — Congratulation by the way in winning the match against Ravenclaw — but why aren't you there?"

I let out a deep sigh before answering her question. "I was there but I left, needed a break from the loud music." I uttered and looked up to the mermaid painting.

"Well, I shall leave now, Agape, have fun with the peace and quiet." Uttered Moaning Myrtle before disappearing into thin air giggling.

Shortly after Myrtle disappeared, the door creaked open loudly. My forehead creased and I turned to see who had entered. Our gazes met, both widened in shock.