Chapter 94

Smudge

                I was walking back to the castle, Oliver was left in the tent as he volunteered to fix the broomsticks and the tables. The cold night wind flew by, I hugged myself as it was still cold for we were still in winter and spring was still not coming by.

                "Agape!" said a familiar voice.

                I turned around to see Rose who was already in her pajamas, out in the cold night and running towards me. I smiled as I waved at her.

                "Evening, Rose." I greeted her back.

                "Good eve, I was just walking around the castle when I saw you out here — Oh! Your lipstick's smudged." Said Rose, my eyes widened at what she had said. "Here, let me help you." She uttered as she brought out a handkerchief.

                "Hey, Rose." Said Oliver who had just arrived. Rose looked up to him.

                "Oliver, your lipsticks' smudged too—" said Rose but then realized, her eyes widened in shock as it alternated her gaze to the both of us who stood side by side.

                Her hand covered her mouth. "Oh my Merlin, you two are back now?!" said Rose, her eyes still widened in shock at what she had discovered. I looked over to Oliver as I laughed at my smudged lipstick.

                "Merlin's fuckery!"

                After Rose bombarding us with questions a shit lot of times and squeezing us with questions on how we got back together. Of course I didn't mentioned that night at New Year's Eve, I just told her that we talked it off and realized we still had feelings for each other.

                "Dran, lovely evening." I greeted Dran who was in front of the notice board, his quill on his right hand but he wasn't signing up.

                "Evening, Renee." He greeted back, his eyes still at the notice posted of the board about the Apparation test.

                "Aren't you signing up?" I asked him as I walked towards him and stopped by his side, turning to the notice board.

                "I can't afford it, it's expensive. My family is now struggling financially and I won't be helping them if I ask that big of an amount for a twelve-week course." He explained, his shoulders heavy as he told me.

                "Well I can pay for yours." I said.

                He turned to me, his forehead creased.

                "I can't accept your money, Renee. I don't want any pity money." He uttered, his eyes now full of sadness and trying hard not to burst in tears as he told me that.

                "It's not pity money, Dran. You can pay me back later on, I'm just trying to help." I explained to him, I held his shoulder.

                I looked straight into his ocean blue eyes which was now teary and trying his best to hold out his tears but he couldn't, he bursted in tears in front of me. He covered his face as I hugged him, he must've struggled a lot lately.

                When I asked him about his Christmas yesterday, he told me that he spent it working at Fred & George's joke shop as a part timer and at the Leaky Cauldron.

                I took him to the couch in front of the fireplace as I waved my wand for some tissue which came in a snap.

                "Here." I uttered as I gave him tissues to wipe his tears.