Chapter 44

Thestrals

                November passed by really quickly, it was already December, and the ground became more and more whiter because of the snow. I was also beginning to get cold so I started to wear warm clothes, gloves and scarfs. I haven't talked to Cedric ever since I slapped him back in November. "Rose!" I shouted as I saw Rose getting down from the carriage pulled by the Thestrals.

                  "Godfrey! Wood! I've missed you both!" she said as I rushed to hug her while Oliver got her luggage down from the carriage

                   After she unpacked her things and rest a bit, I immediately taught her where we Dumbledore's Army members practice. "Not bad" she said as her eyes roamed around the Room of Requirement.

                    After the session ended, we all went to the now frozen Black Lake to go skating. When we arrived there, we saw Lily, Draco, The Langston Twins and Odelle throwing snow balls at each other, Fred joins as he threw a snowball at Akesha.

                  "Do you know how to skate?" asked Oliver as I entered the frozen Black Lake, I took out my wand and magically made my shoes into skates.

                   "Of course I do! I used to skate all day instead of going back home every winter!" I said as I circled in the ice and made tricks. I stopped in front of him, he flinched as the blades of my skates created pieces of ice that flew to Oliver. "Don't tell me you don't know how" I said and gave him a teasing smirk

                  "I know how to skate!" he said in a defensive tone, I nodded as I offered my hand

                 "Well then, Mr. Wood" I said as I out stretch my hand and took out my wand to make his shoes into skates, he got into the ice, and stumbled a little bit and slowly skated as he we held hands tightly. "See you in the middle" I said as I let go of his hand and skated to the middle of the Lake, I heard him yell my name but I didn't bother to look back.

                 I got hit by one of the snowballs that Lily was throwing, I looked at them and Lilith created a peace sign with her hands as she looked at me, I shook my head as I laughed and watched her get attack by snowballs by her friends.

                  Tuesday came and we were in the Forbidden Forest for Care of Magical Creatures with Hagrid, I miss him teach, I didn't really learned much from the substitute teacher, sorry Professor Kettleburn. "We're workin' in here today!" Professor Hagrid called happily to the approaching students, jerking his head back at the dark trees behind him. "Bit more sheltered! Anyway they prefer the dark..." he said, the other student's eyes widened as they heard what he said but I just gave a blank expression. I'm friends with the darkness, I don't mind.

                   "What prefers the dark?" Malfoy said sharply to Crabbe and Goyle, a trace of panic in his voice. "What did he say prefers the dark — did you hear?" he asked Lilith who was just standing beside him.

                   "Ready?" Professor Hagrid asked happily while he looks around at the class. "Right, well, I've bin savin' a trip inter the forest fer yet fifth year. Thought we'd go an' see these creatures in their natural habitat. Now, what we're studyin' today is pretty rare, I reckon I'm probably the on'y person in Britain who's managed ter train's em—" said Professor Hagrid but was cut off by Malfoy, uh rude.

                 "And you're sure they're trained, are you?" asked Malfoy, the panic in his voice even more pronounced now. "Only it wouldn't be the first time you'd brought wild stuff to class would it?" he added. The Slytherins murmured agreement.