Chapter 72

The Badgers

My palm hit my forehead hard as I shook my head. None of them qualifies as a Seeker, I'm getting worried, should I just pull Harry in. I don't give a fuck if he's in Gryffindor I really need to find a great Seeker.

I gave them a basic test for start, I asked them to divide into groups of seven and fly once around the pitch. It was a good decision of course. The first seven was made up of first years and it could not have been plainer that they had hardly ever flown before. Only one girl managed to remain airborne for more than a few seconds, and she was surprise she promptly crashed into one of the goalposts.

"Next!" I shouted and the first batch run out the field as the second group entered the field. The second group was comprised of boys who had asked me to be their date in the Yule Ball at 4th Year, I hope they don't see me like that anymore.

"This is for you, Godfrey!" yelled one of the guy who I remember to first ask me. He shot the Quaffle into the goal but failed to do so. He flew down in embarrassment.

"Oi, Black! You've got tons of admirer, Aye?" teased Cadwallader who flew towards me along with Smith.

"Oh shut up!" I scoffed at them both and blew my whistle indicating that it was done, none of them really passed. They couldn't even shoot a Quaffle in the goal nor was fast enough to catch the Snitch.

The third group had pileup hallway around the pitch. Most of the fourth group had come without broomsticks. The fifth group were Ravenclaws. Merlin what the fuck is this.

"If there's anyone else here who's not from Hufflepuff, leave now please!" I roared as I started to get seriously annoyed. There was a pause, then a couple of little Ravenclaws went sprinting off the pitch, snorting in laughter.

"Wotcher, Agape!" called a familiar voice, I looked down and saw Harry with Ron who just finished Gryffindor's Quidditch try outs.

"Harry!" I said happily. "You two watch, I'll just talk to Potter for a second." I uttered to Cadwallader and Smith. They responded with a nod and turned to the Hufflepuffs who were trying out.

"Hey, how's trials? There were a lot of Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws wanting to try out in mine." asked Harry who was looking at the group playing.

"Horrible, I can't find a good Seeker, would you mind switching teams, Potter?" I jokingly asked, we laughed as we watched the match. "Those traitors, mine was only a few Ravenclaws." I said laughing

"Hey look at that, Summerby...he's quite fast and has a good eyesight. Could be a great Seeker if trained well." Uttered Harry as he pointed at a guy from 6TH Year, Maynard Summerby.

"I suppose I can add him to my list, I already found some aspiring Beaters, not as good as O'Flaherty and Rickett though but they're not bad...McManus and Branstone, I don't know if you know them." I said and looked at Harry who nodded his head along with Ron

"How about for Keeper? Anyone in mind?" Ron asked, I heard he did well in his try outs today. He beat the crap out of that McLaggen or whoever he was.

"Yeah, I have two...Summers and Fawley —" I uttered but I was interrupted by Ron.

"Fawley?" asked Ron looking confused yet curious on who Fawley was.