Chapter 93

Chaddesley

A few days after New Year and you know what, Mom and I decided to visit Linda at St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries.

"Linda Chaddesley please." Said Mom to the receptionist.

The reception area looked pleasantly festive: the crystal orbs that illuminated St. Mungo's had been turned to red and gold so that they became gigantic, glowing Christmas baubles; holly hung around every doorway, and shining white Christmas trees covered in magical snow and icicles glittered in every corner, each topped with a gleaming gold star.

"Spell Damage, fourth floor..." said the blonde witch behind the desk of the reception area.

We went up the fourth floor and found her name, we entered the room but my eyes immediately settled on the man with wavy blonde hair, bright blue eyes and a broad vacant smile that revealed dazzlingly white teeth.

"P-professor Lockhart?" I uttered suddenly, sounding breathless as I recognize the professor that Harry had told me about, the dumb Ravenclaw.

I didn't believe him at first, I mean who would? It's a fucking DUMB Ravenclaw, is that even possible?!

The ex-Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher stood up from his bed and walked towards me.

"Well, hello there!" said Lockhart. "I expect you'd like my autograph, would you young lady?"

"Er — how are you, Professor?" I asked him, pitying him for I knew what happened to him down in the Chamber of Secrets with Ron's malfunctioning wand that had damaged Professor Lockhart's memory so badly that he had landed here in the first place, though, as Lockhart had been attempting to permanently wipe Harry and Ron's memories at the same time, my sympathy was limited.

"I'm very well indeed, thank you!" said Lockhart exuberantly, pulling a rather battered peacock-feather quill his pocket. "Now, how many autographs would you like? I can do joined-up writing now, you know!"

"Er — I don't want any at the moment, thanks." I refused at his autograph. "I don't even bloody know you." I whispered as I made my way to Linda's bed.

"Agape! I knew I heard a familiar voice." Said a girl with scorching dark red hair that reminded me of a burnt orange sunset over the sea, it was warm and it tumbled over her shoulders like rusty water, her freckles were standing out of her pale white skin and her faded blue eyes were almost cold and lifeless.

She looked like me when Oliver came to rescue me from my adoptive parents back then, her face had sunken and she was thin. Although she looked better than when she was transported here, she still wasn't quite well.

"Good morning, Mrs. Black." Greeted Linda to mom, mom looked over to her and smiled.

"Good morning to you too, Chaddesley. Well I'm afraid I can't stay any longer, I was summoned in the Ministry, I still don't know why. I just came here to accompany Renee. Regulus will pick you up later, just give him a call." Said Mom as she gestured a call sign with her hands. "You girls have fun." She uttered and left the room.

Linda and I chatted the whole time about everything that had happened to Hogwarts.

"You guys won? That's great!" said Linda with obvious joy in her face.