Chapter 67

The "Slug Club"

"Are you sure got it all packed? Quidditch robes? Winter Coats? Pretzel! Where's Pretzel?" Mom asked, looking around for my owl as we walked in the King Cross Station.

"Here, I got Pretzel." Answered Dad raising Pretzel in her cage looking calm and chill. "Quick, quick, through the barrier," said Dad. There were a lot of Aurors in the area for safety purposes of course but they're really getting into my nerves. Mom looked inquiringly at one of the Aurors — she's an Auror herself in the past but she stopped after she realized how corrupt and injustice the ministry is — the Auror nodded briefly, seized me through my upper arm, and attempted to steer me towards the barrier between platforms nine and ten.

"I can walk by myself, thanks," I said irritably, jerking my arm out of the Auror's grip. I pushed my trolley directly at the solid barrier, ignoring my silent companion, and found myself, a second later, standing on platform nine and three-quarters, where the scarlet Hogwarts Express stood belching stream over the crowd.

Mom and Dad joined me within seconds, we also saw the Weasleys with Harry and Hermione who's about to board the train so I went with them for I was also a prefect. "Agape — I mean Renee!" called Ernie Macmillan, the other prefect from Hufflepuff.

"Ernie! How are you mate?" I greeted him as I messed with his blonde hair as I sat beside him in along with Hermione and Ron at the Prefect compartment.

"Good, I passed my owls and is now N.E.W.T qualified!" he said cheerfully. I congratulated him before I started to patrol the train.

"Hello, Agape." Said a girl with long hair and large misty eyes, who was sitting in a compartment that I had just passed by. I stopped and went back to see Luna with Harry and Neville.

"Luna, hi, how are you?" I asked her as I smiled at them, standing outside their compartment.

"Very well, thank you," said Luna. She was clutching a magazine to her chest, large letters on the front announced that there was a pair of free Spectrespecs inside.

"Quibbler still going strong, then?" I asked as I looked at the magazine that her father had published.

"Oh yes, circulation's well up." Luna replied happily. I heard Harry also had given them an exclusive interview for his fondness of the Quibbler magazine. Suddenly, I felt a cold wind blow behind my neck that sent chills down my spine.

"You all right, Agape? You look...pale." Said Neville examining me.

"Oh, I'm fine it just suddenly became chilly—" I said as I hugged myself until I was cut off by Luna.

"Wrackspurt got you?" asked Luna sympathetically, peering at me through her enormous colored spectacles.

"I — a what?" I asked her in confusion and curiosity.

"A Wrackspurt....They're invisible. They float in through your ears and make your brain go fuzzy," she answered, I looked at her still confused on what she was pertaining to. "I thought I felt one zooming around here." She added and flapped her hands at thin air, as though beating off large invisible moths. Harry and I caught each other's eyes and he gave me a look to just go on with my prefect duties and so I did.