Chapter 91

Belle of the Ball

"I see the crystal raindrops fall and the beauty of it all is when the sun comes shining through..." I sang as I did the dishes after I ate my midnight snack and dancing to my phone that was playing the song 'Just the two of us' by Grover Washington, turns out Mom and I had the same interest in music.

"To make those rainbows in my mind when I think of you sometime and I wanna spend some time with you..."

I heard someone open the door, I turned and saw Kreacher who was looking at me with his hollow and aged eyes. He continued walking and walked pass by me and entered his den.

I continued washing the dishes.

"Just the two of us, we can make it if we try" I sang until the music got cut off by someone.

It slowly faded, I took my gloves off and I turned to see Uncle Sirius.

"Good evening I mean — Good morning to you too, Nae." Said Sirius who was leaning in the doorframe as he greeted me.

"Did I wake you up again, Unc?" I uttered as I looked at him with apologetic eyes. I finished placing the cleaned and wiped dishes to the cabinet.

"No, I was awake all night." Said Sirius, there were dark circles around his eyes but unlike when he escaped Azkaban, he now looked and appeared healthier now.

Silence surrounded the room as Kreacher once again walked in middle of us both carrying what it seemed like a pile of garbage.

"Great taste in music." Uttered Sirius out of the blue.

"Oh, thanks. Mom and I has very similar taste in music, except she doesn't have any ideas on pianists." I said and he let out a chuckle.

"Reg and Vian back in our school days were never as close like they are today, they don't even notice each other back then until Reg was sent by our mother to pick up her morning coffee every day on the summer of their 5th year. But it wasn't until their last year in Hogwarts that they realize that they were in fact, in love and wankers for each other." Said Sirius who was now sitting at the dining room table.

I swooped over to sit across him, listening attentively to his story about my parents.

He chuckled before uttering once again, "I remember when Vian first confessed to Reg, her words and Reg's are like a line from a TV show or a movie. Reg asked her why she was in love with him when she doesn't even know him and Vian replied with, 'I have seen you and I feel like I know you,'" he quoted and we both laughed at that.

Merlin, mom and dad can be a little cheesy.

"And then Reg said, 'That's just because you think you do, but you don't' and then I noticed that Reg was always with us the whole entire 6th year, he didn't even like my friends for he looked up to Severus but he was with us just to see your mother, Vivienne." Said Sirius, the corners of his lips rose as he looked up in the ceiling before looking back down to me who was just sitting straight across him listening attentively.

Silence once again surrounded us both as we sat across each other.

"Well, you should sleep now, Nae. Big day tomorrow, the New Year's Eve ball of your mom and aunt." Said Sirius who was now standing up from the chair, I stood up too. "Good night, Nae." He bid his goodbye before leaving.