Chapter 74

The Rising of Suspiciousness

Time passed really quickly and it was already the first week of October. The past few weeks were the same, Blaise and I were always together if I'm not with the trio, the only thing that changed was Lilith looked like she was avoiding me. She would leave if she sees me approaching them and she would walk the opposite way if she sees me in the corridors. Harry was right, she is acting very suspicious.

"AGAPE!" a familiar voice called me, I turned my head and saw Olivia running towards me. I smiled and waved at her as she ran to me and hugged me tightly. "I've missed you!" she uttered as she continued to hug me.

"I've missed you too, Liv." I uttered as I hugged her back. "So, how are you holding up in second year?" I asked her when we separated from the hug.

"Good, actually...although some Slytherins are mean to for my brother is a Gryffindor, but it's all good, I'm on top of our class actually. By the way, are you still friend with Sephitis?" she asked me, my forehead creased with her question.

"Yeah, why?" I asked with a confused expression marked all over my face.

"I don't know, but she's acting very suspicious with Malfoy, your cousin lately. I can't tell you everything though, or the other Slytherins will come after me, they told me that what stays in that house...should only stay there, that's all I can say, Agape....I hope it helps." She uttered, I nodded and thanked her before she left for her Herbology class. Unlike her brother, she really likes Herbology and had a knack for it. While Oliver had always hated Herbology for it aggravated his allergies, but her sister on the other hand loves it. They're really are polar opposites.

The next day we had Potions early in the morning, Lilith was once again nowhere to be found and so did Malfoy nor Blaise, she's like this for weeks now. It's either she doesn't show up or she groups with other people, so I'm left to sit with the trio. "Miss Black." Slughorn had called my name, my face shot up and saw that everyone was looking at me. Turns out he had been calling me for a hot minute now but I couldn't hear him because of my thoughts.

"Yes, sire?" I asked as I stood up immediately.

"I asked you to smell the Amortentia that your group had made, Miss Black." He uttered and my gaze drifted from him and to the cauldron in front of me that contained the Amortentia that we had made for this lecture.

"Oh, sure Professor." I said and quickly peered down to the cauldron and gave it a sniff. My brain stuttered for a moment, still adjusting to reality, I glanced at Hermione who was waiting for me to answer before I uttered. "Uh...B-broomstick wax," I started to utter, everyone was looking at me waiting while I was there sniffing the potion nervously. "The leather of a brand new Quaffle?" I said as my forehead creased, I heard someone laugh, I mean who wouldn't.

"Is that even a bloody scent?" asked Ernie, my gaze drifted to him before I spoke.

"Try being a Quidditch player and you'll understand, Hun." I said and smiled sarcastically before I gave the potion another sniff.

"And...." I started until I realized what it smelled like, my features softened and my eyes teared up as I looked up to tell what I had smelled. "Cinnamon gum..." and with that memories flashed in my head like a film.

"It's midnight, I couldn't sleep, and I was feeling homesick." He whispered in a very tired and sleepy voice.