Chapter 69

DATDA

"Good Morning, Ms. Black!" greeted the Fat Friar as I rushed out the common room.

"Bonjour, Fat Friar!" I said as I rushed out the common room as I fixed my robe and tie my tie neatly. I ran across the corridors of Hogwarts not minding the students who are staring at me as I fixed my tie, my long platinum blonde hair flew in the wind as I searched my wrist and pockets for a hair tie but there was none so I just let it fly in the wind as I ran to Dumbledore's office. Dumbledore called for me said Linda, my first subject is in 9:30 o'clock but here I am running across Hogwarts like a mad man in 7 o'clock in the morning. Thanks a lot, Dumbledore.

"Sherbert Lemon." I uttered when I arrived in front of the gargoyle guarding the office of Dumbledore. The gargoyle sprang to life and leapt aside. The wall behind it split in two to reveal a stone staircase that was moving continuously upward like a spiral escalator. I stepped onto the moving stairs and the wall behind me closed with a thud as I was moving upward in tight circles until I reached the highly polished oak door with the brass knocker shaped like a griffin. "Here goes nothing." I said as I took a deep breath.

I rapped three times with the griffin knocker and it automatically opened on its own accord, I stepped inside and there I saw Dumbledore alongside with Professor Snape and Professor Sprout, what are they doing here?

"Ms. Black, come in, come in." welcomed Dumbledore as he gestured me to come inside his office. I walked towards them and stopped in front of the three of them, feels weird, it looks like I'm in a talent show and I'm being judged after my terrible performance. "Renee, I was just telling Severus and Pomona about what happened last year with the sorting hat and they already know now." Explained Dumbledore, my eyes widened as I remembered it. God I forgot that I'm a hybrid for a second there.

"Oh — I thought you weren't going to tell anyone—" I said as I looked at them awkwardly.

"Well they are the Head of House for Slytherin and Hufflepuff so they deserve to know about that, you're still be in Hufflepuff but you are allowed to enter the premises of the Slytherin common room, Severus here can give you a quick tour—" he said but I cut him off

"Its fine, I already know it." I uttered and they looked at me confused, "Uh — my dad, dad told me about it." I lied, I actually know every spot and every place in the Slytherin common room because of my dreams about the memories of Regulus, and it was continuous so I've memorized it already.

"Oh...well then Ms. Black, you can continue with your day. I just called you in for that, have a good day, Renee." uttered Dumbledore with a smiling face, really? He called me for that? Helga's name my head is hurting because of him. Oh well, might as well have my breakfast now that I'm wide awake.

After I ate, I remained in my place as I waited for Professor Sprout's descent from the staff table. The distribution of class schedules was more complicated than usual this year, for Professor Sprout needed first to confirm that everybody had achieved the necessary O.W.L. grades to continue with our chosen N.E.W.T.s.

"Miss Black, I've seen your O.W.L.s results and I'm very delighted to see it all in 'Outstanding.'" Professor Sprout said as her eyes were set on a piece of parchment. "I'm sure you won't have any problems at all of your subjects, these are all acceptable — too much perhaps — I'm very glad that you have passed and now a N.E.W.T. student." She said happily and proudly as she looked at me smiling. "Now, here's your time table and good luck this year, darling. Oh, and by the way Black, twenty hopefuls have already put down their names for the Hufflepuff Quidditch team. I shall pass the list to you later and you can fix up trials at your leisure" She said and turned to Ernie who I think is also a N.E.W.T student now for he told me he had passed the O.W.L.s with flying colors. Fuck, I almost forgot that I'm the Hufflepuff's Quidditch captain.