Chapter 142

Inevitable Fate

Opening my eyes to a familiar setting, the light from the open window shone directly to my face, I covered my eyes from the blinding light shining through. I was not at Hogwarts anymore. Instead, I was at the old Godfrey's house.

Why am I here? I questioned myself as I looked around my old room, confused and panting. Was it perhaps the diadem that's causing all this?

"Agape Godfrey, come down here immediately!" shouted a voice, who I recognized as Veera, my adoptive mother.

I stood up from my bed, still confused yet obeying the voice.

Walking and peeking down the stairs slowly and carefully, I saw Veera's angry face, a cigarette in her hand as always and dark thick smoke coming out from her lips.

"Slacking aren't we, you little brat? Why is breakfast not ready yet?" Veera yelled at me.

My brows furrowed.

"What are you furrowing your brows for? Get to work, you brat!" bellowed Veera.

I flinched at the volume of her voice, it was quite triggering. But before I could take a step or two, everything went to a complete halt, followed by the demonic voice that talked to me earlier.

"I see you have woken up from your dream....Welcome back to the reality, Agape: no Hogwarts, no wizards, no Harry or Hermione, Ron and even Oliver Wood....not even Vivienne and Regulus Black. This is when your daydream ends, Agape Godfrey." it uttered with its terrible voice.

"No....no!" I shouted, glancing around to find where the voice came from.

"No? What do you mean 'No'?" it questioned. "Oh, I see....having a hard time accepting the reality aren't we? Well, you have to, Agape! You have to!" the voice laughed horribly.

"No! You're only tricking my mind, what you're saying are all horrible lies!" I shouted back; the laughter stopped to a deafening silence.

"Are you sure I'm the one lying, Godfrey?" it uttered, "You see, Godfrey," — a black figure appeared in front of me, it looked like me, but I'm sure it wasn't me — "I'm you....and I know us better. You're the only one tricking yourself that Hogwarts and that silly magic exist!"

"No, you're just a plain copycat who's messing with my bloody head!" I spat back.

"You can say that all you want, Agape...but you're stuck here forever, with me." it cackled. "You're no Renee Valerie Black, you're just Agape Paris Godfrey, you're no wizard and never have been. You're just a brat, abused by your parents and loved by no one."

My breathing was heavy, maybe I was scared. Thoughts ran wildly inside my head, that maybe what it was saying was true, what if all of those things are just my imagination? Just things I made up in my mind because of trauma?

I held my head, now getting more confused.

Was I just dreaming the whole time?

"Renee!" a ringing sound came to my ear.

I looked around, and saw the faint picture of Hermione.

"Black, wake up!"

I looked back at the dark figure; I can't believe I almost fell for its trap.

"Stuck here?" I scoffed, stepping up to the dark figure who looked like me. "I am a member of the Noble House of Black, you're just a nightmare that I need no saving from. I am Renee Valerie Black, by flesh and by blood. You're nothing but a piece of shit!"