Chapter-96

courtesy google images. I don't own this picture. This is how I imagined Laddoo Stormy Rathore.

***

Ranvijay's feet halted hearing the commotion in the kitchen. His legs moved in the direction of the sound and found the the reason of commotion. Sona had squatted down reprimanding the little tomato thief who refused to part with the red vegetable.

He smiled when little intruder kept answering in her own language  but refused to hand over the tomato. ''Why are you scolding her?'' Ranvijay asked

''She crawled in don't know when. Then, she scattered all within her reach; stealing this tomato. And  she realized that she needs all her four limbs to escape. Hence, she decided to escape by hopping on her bum so that she can keep the tomato.'' Turning to the baby she squatted again. ''If you don't listen to me, I will put something there.'' Sona said pointing towards Vrushali's ankles. The little Princess stared at her mother's finger, her lips drooping down. There was a silence. ''hukum, you are being strict.'' A staff tried to intervene, there request in whisper to let the baby go as it was just a tomato. Sona lifted her eyes to find equally bothered Ranvijay. It seemed he had been scolded instead of the naughty Princess. 

He frowned at Sona, he wasn't sure what bothered SOna more, Laddoo messing the shelf or stealing the tomato. His eyes met that of the baby and she lifted her arms up, pleading for help. He patted Sona's head and lifted the little storm up. ''This tomato belongs to her.'' With that he walked off. Sona huffed looking around, all the help around her were glad that little Laddoo escape the scolding. While Sona studied the floor, her daughter managed to scatter the lowermost storage. With a shake of her head, she went out helping others in cleaning it off.

''You act like a brat, but a cute brat.'' Laddoo squealed showing off her loot. ''Oh Yes, we will keep it as a memento. Its your first achievement.'' 

***

Raina and Siddhant had exchanged rings in a simple ceremony and he had left for his duty. They had to bear the separation of 1 year before the wedding. Raina was ready for it, she had waited for him for long and was ready wait another year. But today wasn't about them, it was about Leela and Maan. The couple and their family was ready to welcome the new member.

Maan had left a day before to be on Leela's side. He was more worried about her than the coming child. He couldn't explain how anxious he had been all the week since the doctor gave the date.

''Maan Bhai!'' Raina said the moment her eyes fell on Maan crouched on a chair outside the delivery room. He looked up and her face paled. ''All good? You look like a ghost.''

''She is in with her aunt and Urvi. Her uncle was nervous and went for a smoke. I don't know what to do.'' Raina gave her brother an adorable hug. ''She will be fine and soon I will have a niece.

''Why are you sure.''

''I have been bribing gods since I heard the news.'' Maan cracked up. Though engaged, his sister was still nothing less than kid. He pulled Raina's cheeks moving to greet his family. He went about answering the same question to different people while his cousins gave him a pitiful look.

''I marvel your patience.'' Advay applauded

Maan took a deep breath. ''I read the concern in voices. They are as worried as I am, what's the point snapping.'' Their conversation broke when happy faces stepped out of the ward holding a small bundle. ''You have a daughter Maan.'' Nandini said, extending the little bundle. Maan smiled staring down at the sleeping baby. ''How is Leela?'' He asked