Chapter-44

The next morning was brighter than anyone the Rathore family had in past. The family looked excited about being the part of a wedding. Vikram sat as his mother and aunt warded evil eye of him.

Ananya pulled his cheeks, ''My Vicky grew up so fast.'' He smiled lowering his eyes .

''for heaven sake , address him as Vikram today.'' Ranvijay begged

''It will always be Vicky for me. My little Vicky.'' She stared at Vikram and he nodded confirming her right on him. Dipika smiled at her son. Her friend and the one who witnessed , heard and felt her dark days. She shook her head to get rid of the thoughts. Fixing his collar she advised, ''Last time you made a mistake of not understanding her side of story. I hope, you won't repeat that.''

''I won't mom.'' He promised, Ranvijay smiled and whispered, ''We will see that.''

''What do you mean?'' Ananya asked

''our kids still need lot of growing up and as elders we should hep them.'' Ananya frowned, blinked and then shook her head. Ranvijay Rathore was going to test the couple. She thought he had given up on the idea but looking at his expression she knew Vikram-Sona will have to learn a lot still.

Dipika nodded stepping away, giving the floor to her mother in law. SHivangi Rathore did the necessary rituals as it was time for groom to step out of the house

***

''Where is Dev? Its time we leave for temple.'' Neelambari asked Jyoti who was busy helping Sona. Jyoti pressed her lips, it took her mountain size control do hide her laughter. How could she tell Neelambari that her beloved grandson had been punished bad by the scorned Princes.

''Jyoti, answer me.'' Neelambari commanded. Just when Jyoti was about to respond, Dev walked in. He tried his level best to look normal but anyone could make out that so he was too pretentious. ''what's wrong with you?'' Neelambari asked

''Nothing...I overslept.''

''And that is making you walk weirdly''

Dev thought, ''I slipped in the bathroom.'' Jyoti giggled. Neelambari looked from one to other but she had no time to go into the details. ''Whatever! We are getting late. Go and check if everything is ready.'' Dev nodded. He was about to walk off but then his eyes fell on his sister. Moving forward he cupped her face , smiling down at her with love. ''Stay happy my little Sona.''

Dev pecked her forehead and SOna was back to being 6 year old girl whom he shielded all day. Coming to her feet, she hugged her brother. There were million things she wanted to say but nothing came out of her mouth. Dev rubbed her back, ''Don't spoil the makeup or you might scare Vikram away.'' Sona sobbed harder, she unconsciously pressed his back making him groan.

''Anna are you hurt?'' Sona asked worried, Jyoti pressed her lips and Dev gave her a warning glare.

''I stepped on the soap and fell really bad.'' He explained and Jyoti gave him a stink eye. Dev moved back and quickly left the room. He took a breather when he was out of the prying eyes. ''Aww..!' he groaned as his muscles ached. The events of last night danced inform of his eyes. He was still in shock the way his lady love had behaved.

''Think again, Jyoti is good choice. If you marry the Rathore Princess, these bruises will be your future.'' warned his mind and he grinned. It would be fun to deal with her anger every day. She was cute fiery and brave. Her temper was bad but she was everything he wanted and now he was going to ask for it.

''Congratulations On your engagement Devansh Singh.'' She hasd stepped into his room past mind, dressed in her tracks. His eyes had gone wide, when she kicked the door shut behind her.