Chapter 60

''Take care of your grandma.'' Rolli mocked Vashudha hugging Dev as he was ready to leave. SHe greeted Aadhavan and Neelambari who promised to come back to take her with them soon.  

Vasudha couldn't put her feelings to words. Her daughter and grandson didn't give her any attention neglecting her completely. Rolli stepped aside to have a word with disgraced Queen. 

''I know how you feel, but I don't sympathize with you. Just like now, I will always remind you your place.''

''You are inviting trouble.''

''I am the real trouble.'' Giving Vashudha one glance she moved back to join her family. The smile she threw at Vasudha time and again was more of an reminder that she was being watched every moment.

***

Dipika had been on toes all the days till her mother was in Rathore palace.  She wanted a break from all and decided to take a break from all.

''Mom, where are you going.'' Sona hopped around her mother in law, a little worried. She was aware that had been under stress with Vasudha around. After knowing what Dipuka had to go through in past, she wanted to comfort her mother in law. Dipika read the worry in Sona's young innocent eyes, she smiled. ''Like to join.''

Sona nodded and Dipika took her along. She wanted her daughter in law to know all about her. 

''ZOO!'' Sona exclaimed making Dipika smiled. ''I didn't wanted to part from Rani, so bhai got her a nice home here.''

The staff greeted her as Dipika made her way to Rani's enclosure. ''Are you going to step in?'' Sona asked worried, the memory of Rani attacking Netra going fresh in her mind. She was scared about her mother in law stepping in the enclosure of the fierce wild cat. Dipika smiled, leading the way she passed on a lesson she wanted Sona to remember. ''Learn this from my life Sonakshi. ''Its not blood that defines your bonds, its the ones who stand by you in worse. And above, a human can forget the good you did to them, an animal never forgets the favor. People fear the likes of my Rani, yet it was her who saved me.'' 

Sona stood thoughtful, this reminded her of Dev. He went beyond the blood and stood up for her. She smiled feeling blessed. ''Come inside Sona.'' Her thoughts broke when Dipika called her out. Sona gulped  at the guard stood waiting for her step in.

''I am scared Mom.''

''Don't be! She is more intelligent than humans.'' Sona shut her eyes once and decided to step in. Her mind was made up never to let down anyone in this family. She stepped in, her eyes on the lioness who had its head on Dipika's lap.  When her eyes met that of the lioness, her feet froze.

''I am scared mom.''

''Don't be. I am here, you just need to trust me. Can you?'' Sona took these words as a test. Even if it meant facing the lioness, taking long steps she sat next to her watching Dipika showering her love on the Lioness. Dipika placed Sona's palm on Rani's head. She understands who are her own. I just bought her up and she repaid by saving me.''

''Mom, you bought me here for a reason.''

Dipika smiled. ''I am glad you are growing. You step out first, she wouldn't like you taking me away.'' Sona nodded walking away. Stepping out she watched Dipika with adoration. She was one of the calmest humans she had known, yet she was one of the bravest humans she had ever met. Dipika kissed Rani's head, leading her to the inner calm room. After some five minutes she stepped out.

''You look happy mom.''

''I am.''

Sona thought for a moment and then asked. ''Can I have a pet, a dog?''