Chapter-19

Sona woke up with a smile as she recalled the beautiful night of her union with Vikram . He had handled her like a precious doll and she felt on the moon. She had started having second thoughts about leaving him. She smiled stretched her arm to find Vikram but he was gone. Sona pouted, fixed her attire and moved around the suite to find the husband calling him out.

She blinked not being able to find him. Sona thought of giving him a call and just then she heard the shuffling in the main hall. A smiled sputtered across her lips as she ran to greet him.

Sona found Vikram facing the big cupboard, his back to her. With slow steps she stood behind and then hugged him, ''I missed you.''

Vikram closed his eyes for a moment, he stayed frozen but gave no reaction. Sona kissed his back, ''Why are you so quite.''

''There is nothing to speak.''

She sensed the coldness in his voice, her arms dropped. She walked around and stood opposite to him, ''Why are you behaving this way?''

''What way?''

''This...cold and distant.''

''Really? You were the same for almost 2 weeks.''

''So this is some kind of revenge?'' She asked, her eyes brimming with tears. He laughed, ''Revenge would have been if I had used you like a tissue and discarded. Just like your brother did to my sister.'' She stepped back and he took one to her, ''I know you speak to him. Convey your pain to him, I will have some peace about being able to avenge my sister to some extent.''

''Where am I at fault in all this?'' She asked broken

''Where was Rolli at fault and you knew about them yet you kept it hidden. You spoke big words about me hiding my Royal lineage, what about you? Isn't that counted as a betrayal. My sister lost her smile , I haven't seen her smiling once in these months.'' Vikram grabbed Sona by shoulders lifting her off the earth, ''Tell that brother of yours, the day I find him. I will kill him.'' She knew he meant every word. He let go her as she dissolved on the floor not sure what to do next. She heard the ring of her phone from the distance but her legs refused to oblige. After several minutes, she got up walking back to the bedroom. There was a missed call and a message from Dev. 'I am in Jaigarh!'

***

Rolli sat on the highest podium of the Palace , her eyes scanning the length and breadth of Jaigarh. This was her favorite place in the Palace since she was a kid.

The highest point of the building was being used to keep an eye on boundaries in olden days, but for Rolli it was a palace of solace. Though she had been scolded many times for climbing the dangerous area, she still enjoyed the magnificent view over Jaigarh. For now, she just was looking for solitude. Since Vikram's arrival, she had avoided any interaction with Sona fearing an outburst. She knew SOna wasn't at fault but She too was a human, and the state she was in being friendly with enemy's sister was out of picture.

''Rolli, come down and what the hell are you doing there.'' She jolted out of her trance hearing the angry voice. She turned and found her dad standing at the end of staircase with arms crossed against his chest. With a shake of her head, she stepped down carefully, making sure to take one step at time down the dangerous stair case.

''What were you doing there?''

''Enjoying the wind.'' She replied

Ranvijay frowned staring at her, he could see she wasn't herself. He huffed and decided to give her some time. Throwing an arm around her shoulder he walked her to the stone bench on the terrace, ''You have couple of invites.''