Chapter-66

Dipika and Sona were welcomed in a different Suryagarh. The Palace chirped with voices. Dipika smiled, not in ears she felt such positivism around her home Palace. She asked Sona to carry on as her steps moved in the direction of the squeals, Dipika moved to the open foyer which looked over a huge mad made lake. The view made her smile, a bunch of kids chased Dev as he ran around the foyer with a toddler in his arms. The little guy looked scared and excited at the same time.  Her smile grew wider, Dev looked happy, really happy and she was glad for that. She decided to walk away when he called.

''Bua (aunt)! Okay, all of you back to the room.'' He ordered as the little gang dispersed.''I was playing for him, isn't he cute.'' He asked pecking the little boy

''He is.'' Dev wrapped as arm around his aunt, a surprising gesture for her as he walked along the stairs towards her room. He introduced her to every one who crossed his path, briefing her that all her adoptive family was here to be a part of his happiness.

  ''This room!'' Dipika spoke a little emotional. It was her grandmother's room. Dev nodded. ''This will forever remain yours. I don't think she would want anyone else here.'' Dipika cupped his face, her eyes going emotional. ''No one other than her ever welcomed me the way you did. Than you.''

He gave her a hug. ''You will always have respect and love here. This is your maternal home.'' Dipika allowed her form to relax in her nephew's embrace. ''Where is your Patti?''

''Scolding the staff.'' He replied with a chuckle. Dipika realized that all Dev wanted was a loving family. He looked so happy. She made her way to Neelambari's room and stepped in after a knock.

The older lady welcomed her with a smile, her hands working on a beautiful flower garland. ''I want to thank you for what you are doing for Dev.''

Neelambari smiled. ''You don't have to. The people you see in this Palace consider him as their own, just like me. We are Dev's family and we are going to make it grand for him. As I am aware of all the rituals, all I would know is how would you want to start.''

Dipika nodded. ''With a Pooja of  family deity, the temple is in the fort.'' Neelambari nodded. Dipika took a moment. ''How do you know all the customs?''

The older lady smiled. ''long ago, it didn't matter what region or languages we belonged. Royals got married with Royals. One of my Royal ancestors got married here.''

Dipika thought. ''That was my great -great-  grandmother , or my Grandmother's granny.'' Dipika turned quite as she slowly rose to her full height, her eyes locked with Neelambari. ''You know all of us.''

''I always have. I knew all and hated all for what happened here. If I had known of Netra, I would have killed her much before she steeped into Aadhavan's life. I was late and  then I met Dev, he  was different. He went straight into our hearts. So, never again thank me for being a part of his life. The people you see here, came for him. Dev belongs to lands of Tanka Nilam more than he belongs here.'' Dipika couldn't agree more. ''Then I follow your command.'' She hugged the older lady tight. Neelambari reminded her so much about grandmother. 

***

Rolli answered the phone but there was silence for one long minute. She huffed. ''Raina, I know its you.''

''I wanted to apologize. For everything.'' Her voice came low

Rolli smiled. ''I don't remember anything. I am cool.'' Raina smiled on the other side. Rolli has always been like this, easy to get mad and first one to cool down. ''Why do you have to leave for London just before my wedding?''

''I can afford to come back, and I will be there before the ritual starts.'' She promised. Rolli smiled. ''So what course are you opting there?''

''I don't know. I want to make a difference.'' Raina's innocence made Rolli chuckle. ''When you want to make a difference, it won't come with a course. It comes with you. Think, and you will find your way.''  After a moment of silence Rolli added, ''I will be waiting for my younger sister.''