Chapter 49

''And these are the lands I am planning to turn into a farm lands.'' Dev took Neelambari around explaining her his plan about Suryagarh.

She scanned the area with her experienced eyes. She could see the greenery on the either side but the big patch she was standing on looked lifeless. She was aware the Suryagarh didn't share the desert , the big dry patch surprised her.

''This land is barren Patti, but I will do all to bring life to it.'' When he heard no response, he turned and found her examining the soil. ''What are you doing Patti?''

''We need to go back now." Without any explanation, she turned and made her way to the waiting vehicle. Dev followed a little shocked, she had been excited to see his hard work but her the sudden change in her mood made him wonder about the reason. Nevertheless, he followed her.

Neelambari couldn't believe that someone was spoiling Dev's hard-work on purpose. For a minute, she felt sudden rage for Dipika for not standing by his side. She shook her head, there was no point thinking about things beyond her control , it was the time of action. She dropped a message to Rolli and decide to wait for the response before deciding on next course of her action.

***

''I will be out in a minute.'' Sona replied , hopping into her room to get ready to attend her first gathering as Sona Rathore. She was excited about being introduced to new people an hopped to find few new friends.

''You seem so excited about everything other but us.'' Vikram taunted. She froze for a minute before making her way to the changing room. Her silence and uncaring attitude was making him go mad. 

Sona stepped out dressed in a beautiful saree paired with pearls, she huffed giving him a look before checking her appearance in the mirror. Vikram turned her around with a jerk, ''I don't like being ignored.''

''Then learn to do better things.'' She replied pulling her arm out of his grip. 

''What's wrong with you?''

''Ditto!''

''Sona, why are you acting as if this means nothing.'' He asked agitated. Sona scrunched her nose. ''Can you please elaborate.''

''Why couldn't you just refuse uncle? You could have done the degree next year.''

Sona froze, turning around she met his gaze with confidence. ''Why should I? Isn't my education important? Didn't I leave everything for you then? Why couldn't you support me?''

''See, this between us.'' He said gesturing towards the argument. ''  I wanted to sort this out.''

''Yes, but by your will and not by my choice. Sorry Vikram, but one thing I have learnt from this family is to demand respect if you deserve. You need to learn that too. And about not refusing Ranvijay Uncle, I will never refuse any of his command.'' He was about to retaliate but a knock halted the words. He gave one glance at the visitor before walking out.

Sona smiled at Chitra. ''He is little short tempered but a good man.'' Chitra spoke in favour of Vikram.

''I am not scared of him, but can you forgive me, for everything.'' Chitra smiled with a nod and in returned she was being pulled in a tight hug. ''Can't breathe.''

Sona slapped her back. ''Such a drama. So I have my first friend in Jaigarh.'' 

''I will be your friend, but I will always be Vikram Hukum's sister.'' Sona rolled her eyes. Chitra gave her Ananya's message and both stepped out to join the family.

***

Advay stared at his reflection, not sure why he was doing what he is was about to do. He had to attend a gathering with his family and finally the day had arrived when he had to face his fate. Something he had been avoiding to do for long. He had met her as a child and then as a teenager , but the day he got to know she was his betrothed, something flipped. He just had a faint memory of the dark haired girl, she wasn't talkative but appeared to be very calm.