Chapter-79

''How is Sona doing now?'' Ranvijay asked Ananya as she joined him in his study. ''Nervous, Scared and worried.'' Ranvijay thought for a moment. ''Let's go and see her.''

''Its 11:00 PM.''

''I don't need time to see my kids.'' She nodded and followed him to Vikram's suite. Ranvijay knocked and it got answered in a second. ''Dipika! All good.''

Dipika shook her head as Ranvijay stepped in. He let out sigh looking at Sona's dull tired face. Stepping closer, he caressed her head. ''Hey Sona, guess you are not happy to see me.'' Sona tried stretching her lips to smile but failed. Ananya wrapped an arm around her. ''It's okay not to smile if you don't feel like.'' Sona's lips drooped as he buried herself in Ananya's arms.. Ranvijay moved to Dipika. ''Where is Vikram?''

''He just stepped out to get Sona her favorite cake.''

''He could have asked the hotel kitchen.''

''Bhai, these cravings are specific, and Sona wanted one done in a particular shop.'' He nodded. Giving one glance to Sona, he whispered. ''All fine.''

''She can raise an alarm any day.'' 

Ranvijay nodded. ''Vikram will not go to work hereon. He will stay here next to her and tomorrow morning, we put and emergency alarm next to Sona.'' Dipika smiled. Ranvijay turned around and found Sona behind him. Taking a step she hugged him. ''I wish I was Vikram and Vikram was Sona.''

''Vikram would look quite funny with your clothes and belly.'' Ananya replied making sona chuckle. There conversation broke with Vikram's entrance. He looked tense. ''All fine? SOna are you okay?''

''I am fine, where is my cake?''

''Here!''

''If you were a minute late, I would have lost my craving.'' Sona repied smiling down at the cake. Vikram rubbed his palms over the face. Ranvijay left Dipika and Ananya with Sona and walked Vikram out. ''I know you are not ready, but you will know the feeling once you hold your child in your arms.'' Vikram nodded, there were a million things he wanted to say but nothing came out. He wanted to express what he felt, his worry mixed with excitement, the fear which gripped his heart looking at dull and tired Sona, but nothing came out.  Ranvijay smiled, he understood all. Taking a step, he pulled Vikram in a hug, ''When you were young, you always welcomed me with a squeal and then a hug. I don't like this quite Vikram.'' After a minute he added. ''I can't believe I am saying this, but be the Vicky Ananya taught you to be.''

''You called him Vicky'' Ranvijay huffed when he heard his wife. ''Great, now we will call Vicky's child Ladoo.'' And Ranvijay groaned.

***

Chitra smiled hearing the door bell, she knew it was Vansh. She moved her fingers through her hair giving them volume before answering the door. She smiled stepping aside as he stepped in. CHitra took in all of him, he had changed. From a boy, he had turned into a man. He had been working out. She licked her lips 'Delicious.'

 ''Nice condo.'' 

She rolled her eyes and kicked his butt. ''You see me after three years and you praise my condo!''

 He pressed his lips but kept his back to her. His heart was pumping hard, all he wanted was to hug her but he didn't wish to rush. Vansh dumped his bag, cleared his throat but before he could put his romantic plan into action, Chitra jumped on to his back, locking her legs around his waist. Vansh lost his balance and fell flat on his face, he groaned and she giggled pecking his cheek hard. ''I can't breathe.''

''But I am not that heavy.'' She replied defensive

''Jump on you bed with same force, you will know.'' He replied in a muffled voice. Vansh tried getting up but she pressed him on the floor effortlessly. Vansh gave up, he tried taking in few breaths before letting his body flat on the floor. Chitra rolled away laughing her heart out. Vansh turned his head towards her. ''Enjoying my plight.''