Chapter 68

Chitra stood in one corner, her eyes on Dev's feet  while Raina took a stroll to examine the surrounding and the defense party. Raina pressed her lips, Dev's cousins and formed a fortress with SOna being the chief guard. She gave Chitra a no before walking away

Raina barged into Rolli's room, her cheeks puffed. ''What?''

''Your husband has bought an army to save his shoes. Now, its your duty to help us get them.''

''Hello, its my wedding. I am suppose to be be shy , look pretty and not conspire.''

Raina stood looming over her cousin. ''Keep that for my mother, you need to help me or I will come as a dowry. And you know how nasty I can get.''

''That's not fair.'' Rolli pouted.

''It is. Common, Rathores can never lose.'' Raina knew she hit the right chord. With a smile, she stepped out; confident that her cousin will come up with something good.

***

As a welcome ritual, Dev refused the foot washing ceremony as he felt it was not the right thing to expect parents of his wife to wash his feet. Ananya stared at him, ''I always feared of you being like Netra. You are not, you are just like my Dipika and that relaxes me a bit.''

Siddhant stared at the man his love chose to be with. His mind looking for one bad thing about Dev. He knew , he was late but one bad thing about Dev would make him feel better. It would give him hope that she would compare them, but his mind knew he was wrong. Dev sat calm, smiling at each one who spoke to him. He even made sure the kids of his family and cousins felt at home.

He shook his head, he was here to forget her and move on but it seemed difficult. 

''Ready dear brother in law., the priest has requested your presence.'' Raina held out her hand to Dev, twirling sweetly. ''You can hold my hand , Rolli won't mind. After all, I am her sister and your sister in law.'' Siddhant narrowed his eyes at Raina, as she flirted with Dev. Rolli taking a back seat in his head. He failed to realize that he had long gotten over her. For now, his eyes hadn't left Raina even for a minute. The young snobbish Princess has been turned into a polished diamond. 

''You won't let me flirt.'' Raina said

''You are too young to flirt, and sister in law has a sister in it.'' Dev's reply made her brothers tease her. She just glared at them following Dev to the marriage dais. Raina's eyes moved to Chitra and she mouthed, now.

Before Dev could pull his feet completely out, Chitra Raina jumped on his shoes. While the groom's party tried to save it , none caring that they just uprooted the poor groom. He staggered as Ranvijay held him. ''You are suppose to steal. That's not stealing.'' Sagar chided

''We decided to rob.'' The girls danced their way out to make a list of their demands. 

''I hope you are fine?'' Ranvijay asked Dev.

''Yeah, but they almost gave me a heart attack.'' The elders face palmed as the kids fought over shoes. ''Poor Dev.'' Shivangi Rathore shook her head.

''You might just have to go without shoes if their demands aren't met.''

''I am fine, but must say they shocked me.'' 

''Get use to it, and that was my daughter's idea. There is no way these two would have played against rules. Only she can do that. Think again.''

Dev smiled. ''I am game for it.'' Ranvijay led him towards the mandap as priest started the rituals. It was finally the time for the bride and she came dancing along with her bridesmaids. Ranvijay Ananya smiled, she had dressed up like every other bride , the only difference was, she looked into the eyes of all who came across. She wasn't the shy one and made it clear without inhibitions. Roll's eyes met that of Dev, she was counting the steps. A few more and they will be one with the blessings. She smiled, and he returned it. They had fought, lost hope and then fought again to be together. Dev was thankful she never gave up. He took in a deep breath, his father rubbed his back. ''Finally, its happening.''