Chapter 48

Sona twirled around the mirror to check her dress. She had few new sets gifted by Shivangi and she loved all of them. She felt blessed with all the love being showered on her. 

She kept contemplating about the accessories she should pair her dress with,Sona wanted to look perfect, but not  Vikram but for the family. 

Vikram watched her from the the be with one eye, a frown on his face. ''How long are you going to dance like that?''

Sona rolled her eyes. ''Is that bothering you?''

"Yeah, as you are not  paying attention to me.'' He complained with a curled lip. Sona rolled her eyes turning back towards the mirror, she tied her hair in a bun and whispered to her reflection. ''I am Sonakshi Rathore, and I am going to make my family proud.''

Vikram shook his head, walking to her he wrapped his arms around her from behind. ''Think about making me proud and happy, rest would fall into place.'' Sona smiled to self, she pushed him back. ''you stink.''

''Wow! You never mentioned that last night. You seemed to be enjoying my scent a little too much. I can show you the marks you left on my back.'' Sona shut her eyes tight. ''You are cheap.''

''That I am. Let's just go back to bed again.'' He pulled her closer and  whispered against her skin. She shivered but managed to push him. ''Get ready Vikram, everyone must be waiting for us.'' 

''They will understand, we need time for ourselves.'' He now sounded annoyed

''Vikram, for me ourselves includes everyone. I will be down.'' She walked off an he kicked the bed hard. He wanted all her time but she seemed distracted.

***

''You look so beautiful.'' Shivangi Rathore hugged Sona complimenting her. Dipika frowned at an annoyed Vikram making the entrance. He nodded at his family and took his seat. He was trying hard to hide his annoyance but his family knew him more than he knew himself.

Ananya cleared her throat. ''So, the new couple where would you want to go for a honeymoon.'' Vikram was about to suggest but Ranvijay never gave him a chance. ''I have a request Sona. Will you keep it?''

''Try me?''

''In all the chaos which happened last time, you missed on your studies. I wish you would have completed your graduation.''

Sona realised Ranvijay was right. She ha neglected her studies , something she wasn't proud off. ''I should...I will complete my degree.'' She declared. Ananya glared at Ranvijay, she knew what he was doing, and she felt it wasn't necessary.

''She will start once they are back from honeymoon.'' Ananya tried pacifying the situation.

''No A, I will first finish my degree and I know Vikram will support me.'' He just gave  a tight smile slashing his food with fork. Ananya looked from Vikram to Sona, with a shake of her head she went back to her food.

***

''You did this on purpose.'' Ananya accused Ranvijay once it was just four of them.

''Bhai is doing the right thing.'' Dipika supported Ranvijay.

''Dipika, they just got married.''

''Yet they don't understand each other.  He could have supported her or she could have discussed with him before taking a decision. They need to learn.'' Veer sounded philosophical as three pairs of eyes watched him in silence.

''And speaks the man who refused to trust me all those years back. You know what, he just like you. Arrogant!'' Dipika threw blame at Veer making Ananya Ranvijay face-palm.