Chapter 70

The next morning in Suryagarh bought lot of fun. After a small pooja, the new couple was being seated in the huge hall with groom's family around. The couple had to undo the knot on the scared thread around each other's wrist, and using one hand and at the same time. While Dev did it easily, Rolli struggled. ''You made sure I lose right?'' He rolled his eyes. She pressed her lips and asked Neelambari, ''Can I use my teeth?'' The elder woman shook her head in negative as his aunts laughed. 

The Princess took a deep breath attacking the thread with full power. She finally was able to undo all the knots and smiled wide. Her jaw dropped in surprise when she found her family there. ''We have another surprise.'' Dipika declared

As priest chanted few versus, Dipika pulled out a ring from her finger , sliding into Rolli finger. She then moved to Dev and tied a gold pendant around his neck. ''What I gave you is not a jewelry, it has been with Suryagarh royals for many generations.  Hereon, you two are King and Queen of this estate. From today, I transfer all my rights to you two.'' 

''We are happy to be your representative.'' Dev added

Dipika smiled. She cupped his face. ''I have done enough; I need to retire. And I trust you two will make me proud.'' The couple was little lost, not sure if they would be able to step into the shoes of Dipika. 

Vikram hugged his sister. ''Didn't I tell you, Her Highness Queen Aahana Dev Singh.''

''Why didn't you stop her?''

''Because its time you two take the responsibility. I know you can, you are Ranvijay and Ananya Rathore's daughter. The first born of the power couple, you have the ability to be a better leader than any of us.'' Rolli shook her head bu Vikram stopped the flow of words. ''Let me finish. Rolli, yes I am fortunate to be chosen but I can't decline you are better.'' She rolled her eyes. Vikram congratulated the couple. ''Since the reception is in the evening, we have decided to go for a safari. You two are not allowed'' He teased as she poked her tongue out. 

While the families got together, Dipika stared at the room whose door still stood shut. Her mother had decided to kept herself away from the celebration. Though Dipika cared less, she wanted to shake her mother bad for the sake of her nephew. She decided to put some empathy in her mother but Dev held her arm. ''Let it be, you can't force one to be happy.''

''She means something to you.''

He smirked, something rare for anyone who knew him. ''You should have meant all for her, if she doesn't care for you, she can never care for me.'' Holding his aunt close he whispered. ''And I am happy, I have a family who loves me.''

''Dev, I should not be saying this but I fear for Rolli's safety.''

''Then stop; I will protect her with my life. That's a promise'' Wrapping an arm around her, he walked his aunt to the hall where the two families sat enjoying the day.

***

The reception came as a surprise. Neelambari  had invited one of the biggest and most powerful names known to anyone. Ranvijay was more than impressed, he knew she was doing in for her Dev as latter was little shy in asking for help. He watched as Neelambari went about introducing the couple to everyone who could be a help. The surprise on faces of guests were evident. The infamous Suryagrah was on the path of revival. With alliance with Rathore and Neelambari, people knew their was the rise of another power. 

Raina pulled Rolli aside. ''I need help''

''What?''

''Can we have a small arrangement for some fun dance. If I dance here, Royals will die of heart attack.''