Chapter-24

Ananya opened her eyes as light streamed through her room. She turned fixing her eyes on her husband, she kept staring at him for long, a hope in her heart that he would open his eyes and smiled at her. He didn't. It had been almost a month and with each passing moment Ananya Rathore was losing her mind.  She caressed her head and went about doing her morning chores.

''How do I look Ranvijay? I am wearing Orange.'' She asked playfully. He didn't respond, she didn't give up . She briefed him about all that happened since  the fateful day. She turned and watched him, waiting for some response. She huffed, walked to him and sat beside him watching his face. ''I know, all your life you have never rested much because of your duties but that doesn't give you the right to sleep all day. I need you.'' She sobbed placing her head on his chest. She took a moment to absorb his heart beat.

Slowly she lifted her head up, ''What I sad the other day, I meant every word of it. with each passing day I am killing your Anu. I am turning into something heart less. Outside that door..'' She pointed towards the suite entrance, ''I am a woman looking for revenge. Don't test me Ranvijay, I might burn the world down.''

He still didn't respond. she wiped her cheeks, ''Ranvijay Proud Rathore, I challenge you to stop me.'' She watched him with a smile, ''I know you can hear me and must me twisting all angry to stop my rampage.'' Leaning closer, she whispered, ''I have never stepped into Suryagarh, now I am going to. Let the enemies know what Mrs Ranvijay Rathore can do.'' She kissed him before walking out wearing her ruthless expression.

***

''Dipu think again.'' Veer requested his wife who looked in a hurry to leave. 

''Veer , there is no time to think. Its time to act. Just don't leave Ananya alone. I don't want her killing anyone. Not now. When time comes , she will have the chance to return her pain with interest.'' Dipika said. She walked to Veer and hugged him tight, ''Bhai fought to keep us together. He promised my son to get me back and he did. Now its our turn. And I am ready to do anything for that, even if it means killing the last of my own blood. ''

''I don't understand what has gone into the Rathore females. Ananya seems like someone unknown. You are like a missile, ready to shoot anytime and anywhere.'' Dipika could understand his agony  

''Veer, I had a brother but he was as good as no one. I got a brother in bhai. It wasn't his battle to save me or my child. Yet he did, not thinking about his own. Now, its my turn.''

Veer  huffed giving up, ''What are you planning to do?'

''Give a little reminder and then free her...of everything.''

''She is your mother.'' he reminded 

''I wish she could be one.  She never treated me like I was her own. She never fought or stood up for me. The last nail, she didn't stop my father from slowly poisoning the only one who loved me, my grandmother. Its time I answer back.''

Veer nodded. Their conversation broke with a knock. Sitara stepped in looking like a ghost. Since the fateful day, she hadn't slept. For that fact none of the guards had rested but with Sitara it was like someone had snatched her guardian. She was beyond mad.

Dipika took a step to her, ''I chose you because you know nothing about going weak  and I want you to prevent me from going when time come.''

Sitara neither blinked nor showed any emotion, ''If this is about anyone from Mahendra Singh's family, rest assured I won't give you time to think.'' Dipika just smiled. She had given Sitara the job to locate her mother . Sitara cursed herself for not being around when she heard of Ranvijay being shot.  The incident made her all the way more determined to locate Vasudha and when she did, it took her lot of control not kill her that very moment. Now,when they had her Dipika decided to show her mother the reality she purposely chose to be blind to.