Chapter 57

Vasudha walked backwards, her eyes on Sitara. Lowering her body next to her grandson she whispered. ''Look at her, she is a murderer . She killed your dad.'' Sitara could hear all but her face reflected nothing. She smirked , her eyes moving to Dev. He wasn't hearing what his grand mother said, he just kept staring into Sitara's eyes. He wanted to know what it held for him.

Not trusting Mahendra Singh's blood was a habit for her; Dev's eyes couldn't scare her. The longer she looked, she released he wasn't one of them. He was just another version of Dipika. 

Dev smiled and she returned it. He was glad she had no ill feelings for her. ''She is right, I did kill your father but to save Dipika hukum. He was ready to kill his unconscious, injured sister. He had no sympathy or love for her. He along with your grandfather were ready trade her for money. If given a chance, I will kill him again.''

Dev took a deep breath. ''I have no ill will towards you or anyone. You did what you felt was right.''

''Dev! She is a murderer.''

''So was your husband and son.'' His words made Vasudha retreat. Sitara took a step back settling on a couch, her eyes again freezing on Vasudha. With the old woman around, she wasn't ready to trust her. The old queen felt  defeated. Though, she had the guilt for not being there for Dipika; that didn't lessen her hate for Rathores and the woman siting in the room. She decided not to let a Rathore step into there lives. Come what may Vasudha was determined not to let Rolli step into Suryagarh .

Vasudha blinked when her eyes fell on smiling Sitara. ''Don't even bring that thought in your head.'' Sitara's face turned hard. Her intention was to warn, she was very well aware that Rathore Princess if rubbed the wrong way,  was nothing less that her father.

***

Rolli stood at the window of her room, her thoughts lingering around her future. The attack and Dev's condition had left her shocked. Though his love overwhelmed her, she knew he wanted to nothing with violence. Rolli was aware that her father would end all that would threaten her but will all end that easily. After so many years, it kept coming back. She shook her head, why was life this complicated

''May I step in your highness.'' Her grandfather's voice made her smile. Turning around, she flew into her grandfather's comforting embrace. ''You know we don't like you worried.''

''I don't want to..but. When will this all ends.''

Giriraj Singh ruffled her hair. ''The day Ranvijay bought you home, we knew you would make us proud. You are not some ordinary woman Rolli, you are special. You are great grand daughter of Rudrani Devi; she believed in you, so do I. All these small things should never bother my Princess. Once out of Jaigarh; you will be on your own, Vasudha will not make things easy for you, and once Netra is up on her feet , your problems will increase.  ''

''Do you  doubt me''

 ''No, I can never doubt you but understand one thing, a battle is half one when your opponent realizes that the one opposite to them can be dangerous  to their life. '' Rolli knew what her grandfather meant.He was right, she had to step out of her parents shadow.  She nodded, got up and dialed Neelambari. ''Patti.....'' Giriraj Singh smiled, Rolli played a master stoke. Dev's adopted family meant  more than anything and Neelambar's presence was enough to threaten and show Vasudha her place.

''That's like a Rathore.'' Her grandfather applauded her move

She smiled. ''Hail the new Queen of Suryagarh!'' Rolli declared with a proud smile 

***

''How is he now?'' Ranvijay asked his man Friday. Hemant huffed, crossed is arms and stood opposite to him . ''What do you think you are doing? You aren't 20 Ranvijay Rathore.''