Chapter-54

''I love you.'' Chitra turned around with a jerk feeling the air of his voice warming her form. Her heart hammered as her eyes searched for a glimpse of him. His playful smile, his eyes which when fell on her made her feel alive.

She huffed, she was again day dreaming about him. Since their last confrontation, she had not slept soundly and felt Vansh in her every breath. She blamed herself for being rude to him, but his inability to understand her reasons had left her disappointed. She had fallen for Vansh , who wanted to be different from the Rathore name. Now, he had forgotten about all his dreams and she blamed herself for that.

''You are not going to Royal Palace today.'' Sitara's voice broke Chitra's thoughts. Composing her thoughts she got busy shuffling her books. ''I have project to finish.''

''Hukum was asking about you. Make sure you visit him.''

Chitra banged her books hard on the table. ''What do you want Ma? First, you banned me from stepping into the Palace, and now you are pushing me to go there.''

''Watch your voice girl. You are talking to your mother.'' Sitara's voice came as a warning. Chitra stepped back, standing upto Sitara was out of question. Stomping once; she walked out angry. First time in all her her life, she wanted to vent her frustration out,she wanted to smash things in anger, scream her heart and throttle Vansh. Why? She couldn't answer. 

Chitra took a deep breath composing her thoughts before stepping into the Palace. She quietly made her way to the kitchen, and started preparing tea for Ranvijay.

***

''Chitra, please arrange my study. You know how I like it.''Ranvijay requested when Chitra bought him his tea with favourite snacks. Chita nodded walking away. 

''What are you doing Ranvijay? I don't like this dull Chitra. When we don't have any issues with her being a part of Vansh's life then why this drama?'' Ananya questioned her husband who watched Chitra stomping from on one corner to other of their suite library. In past, she had always greeted them with a smile. Today, she had walked in with a dull face, not bothered about Ranvijay's compliment about her tea, which she demanded. 

''Have you ever seen this little bird so angry?'' He asked Ananya. 

''That's not the answer to my question.''

Ranvijay smiled, joining his hand with hers, he walked her to the garden area on the porch. ''I am not just preparing Vansh, I am preparing her too. Past has always proved that one should be prepared. Granny was our shield , then it was you and me but what after us?''

''It was needed then, I hope they never face what we did.''

''You cannot predict the future Anu, one should always be prepared. I am just doing my job.''

Ananya was thoughtful. After a minute she said. ''I don't like your method , you are stressing them.''

Ranvijay smiled. ''Wait and watch.''  Chitra walked out after arranging the study. ''Anything else Hukum.''

''Yes, I missed your smile.'' His reply made her smile. Walking to her, he pulled her in a loving hug. Chitra had always been special, her undying loyalty towards him had left him surprised and overwhelmed. Just because she promised him, she was ready for all the pain. ''Do want to share something child.''

''No, I am all good.'' She replied with a wide grin. Chitra left after greeting the Royal couple. After a minute, Ranvijay grabbed Ananya's hand dragging her along.

''Why are we following her?''

''Because I am going to prove my point.'' With a roll of her eyes, she followed Ranvijay out towards the balcony which over looked the entrance. As Chitra stepped out, she was being stopped by a young guy. The Royal couple watched the two youngsters converse and then the guy stepped closer.