Chapter 56

Ananya watched as Rolli and Sona pampered Dev with emotions flowing through their eyes. She huffed, emotions were right but being completely involved in them was wrong. Stepping into the room, she took her seat write opposite to the bed where Dev rested. 

He cleared his throat making her presence known. She smiled, moving her eyes to the two females she asked a question Rudrani Devi had asked her years back. ''Can you both answer a question? What do you understand by the word Queen?''

There was a long silence, Ananya shook her head. ''You don't have to marry a King to be a Queen. A queen is a woman who doesn't sit and cry, she fights. She isn't just pretty, she is bold, brave and ready to face anything. I expect that from both of you.''

She took a moment before adding further. ''This something Granny taught me. Had she given up then, none of us would be here discussing this. Its time I give this lesson to my daughters. Every woman should be the Queen of their own life and not just that of a king.''

Rolli stayed still, her eyes on her and Dev's tangled fingers. Ananya stood up. ''You should have let her fight Dev. She isn't made of roses.''

He smiled. ''I know but she is the most precious one for me.'' Rolli smiled with tears in her eyes. Ananya decided to let them be, they were struck by love bomb and nothing would effect them. Turning her focus to Sona, she said. ''Sona, the same applies to you. Its time you learn being one.'' Sona stared at Ananya's extended palm, while Dev held her other wrist. She was aware her brother always be worried about her but her trust on Ananya was too strong. Extending her hand, she grabbed that of Ananya. ''I trust you with everything Badi Ma.''  Ananya knew what Sona was going to witness was would be a shock but she had to get used to certain things.

She smiled at the address, Sona had decided to make her own path, not just in relationships but life too.  Her eyes moved to her long time friend, Dipika nodded once. They were like shadow of one and other, silence was understood just as the words. She watched Ananya guiding Sona towards the lobby.

Walking the young girl through the narrow lobbies of the Palace, Ananya gradually led her to the basements. ''These look dangerous.''

''Only for the ones who hurt us. Don't be scared, I am with you.'' Sona wasn't scared, she was just curious. But fear started creeping in when her eyes fell on a very different Ranvijay. Since she stepped in, he greeted her and Rolli the same way. There wasn't a day when he didn't smiled or inquired about her well being  but today, he didn't bother to give her single glance. His eyes were focused on someone else. Sona covered her mouth in order to stop her stomach from throwing up. A bloodied man lay on the floor as Ranvijay remained seated on his high chair. She gripped Ananya's arm hard. ''I can't...all this...its too... ''

''This man attacked your brother. His intention was to give Dev a painful slow death. Think and then tell me, does his condition bother you.'' Ananya had hit the right cord. Dev meant world to Sona, she stared at the man. Her fears turning into hate and then anger. ''I just wish he rots in hell.''

''That would be later. First, he will burn in Jaigarh.'' Ananya patted her hand. ''Go, Dev must be worried.'' Sona nodded, she was a non-violent but the idea of killing the man seemed right. The mere thought of her brother being harmed was more than she could endured. Her mind immediately agreed, the man was getting what he deserved. Ananya watched her walking away, she then turned towards Ranvijay. ''Where is  he?''

Ananya followed Ranvijay's eyes to the man handing upside down, he was unconscious. When Ananya entered the dungeon, she was surprised at unknown man but continued for Sona's sake. Sona needed fire to fight and she decided to teach her a little different way. Their life was different. Hence, it had to be handled differently