Chapter 78

''Chitra, that table 20 guest wishes to see the chef.'' Chitra frowned at Amy who sounded a little worried.

''Why?''

''I don't know, but his face looked mad. I think he didn't like the dish.'' Chitra's lips thinned, damn the man. She had been the best chef at the restaurant for more than a year. SHe had scored the job even before completing her degree. Customers flocked the the restaurant just for her signature dishes, and over the weekend it would be mad rush.

''We served him what he asked? He has ordered close to seven dishes. Which normal human eats that much.'' CHitra's outburst made her colleagues giggle.

''Can you just see him once.'' Amy requested

''If he criticizes my food, I am going to grill him and serve him to the next guest.'' Chitra removed her head cover and apron, picked a knife to look more intimidating but Amy snatched it. ''Girl, just don't create a scene.'' 

Chitra marched out of the kitchen leaving a flapping door behind. The servers gave her a worried look as she marched towards the table. Her mind was prepared, she was not going to let some random person put her food down. After all, The Rathore King applauded her cooking, rest were nothing. ''You asked for me.'' She said, her arms crossed and brows furrowed, it was time for attack.

***

Vansh stepped into the crowded restaurant, a smile stretched on to his lips. He was going to see his love after three years. Though she had completed her degree in two years, she wished to stay longer to gain some professional experience. Vansh had agreed, he too had taken job and had traveled around the globe representing his organisation. It was a week back when his mother called, she wanted to check when he will be returning. Vansh knew his parents were missing him; he did as well but without Chitra all seemed dull. He had so many memories with her around the Palace. It wasn't just about adulthood but their childhood as well. They had been friends for very long before crawling into each other's heart.

Vansh was directed to his table and after minute a waiter took his order, he had known about the dishes through her mails, and he ordered everything she said was her specialty, and kept complaining that the food wasn't good. The manager tried to pacify him and Vansh demanded to see the chef. He smiled visualizing her anger, and then he heard a voice ''You asked for me.''

He cleared his throat , kept the menu down and smiled at the blazing chef. ''I did, what are you going to do about it.''

Chitra's face went from being mad to surprised and then she blushed. Vansh watched her with a smile. He was aware that she would be boiling at the fact someone criticized her food, she always had been a possessive about her food, and somewhere Ranvijay was responsible for that. If he liked it, Chitra hell cared about others. She would make small things for him and he would applaud her efforts as if she bought him the world. Vansh intentionally decided to rile her up and now, all he wanted was to hug her mad. 

Chitra felt eyes on her back, her colleagues have been watching her move. She had maintained a strong nonsense attitude and her colleagues believed she can be dangerous. Her brow went up; no way she was going to let him spoil her mood. Clearing her throat, she lifted a finger at Vansh; he moved back shocked. ''Listen mister, if you don't like the food, don't come back and better clear the bill.'' With that she walked away; her fingers crossed; scared that he might react and put her in a tough spot. Chitra's colleagues were in awe, while Vansh just smiled, he was going to get back at her.

***

''Patti, mommy daddy are bad.'' Two year old Suryagarh Prince complained to his great grandmother, his face wet with tears and lips drooped. Neelambai stared at the boy caressing his red warm ear. Anirudh Dev Singh just got his ears twisted. Shaking her head, she lifted him on to her lap. ''What did you do?''