Chapter-29

''What if we are late bhai?''

''pray we shouldn't be. I don't want anyone do die, not today.'' Ranvijay replied looking out of the window. 

''Did you try the guards?'' Veer asked, he too had been very anxious since he got to that Dipika had taken Rani along to Suryagarh. He was sure his wife was planning to kill all and feed them to her pet cat.

''They seemed to be in some other planet, none of the numbers are reachable. They were mine and now they belong to my mad wife.Tell me Veer, who all are there, one name who would listen just to me.''

Veer thought, ''Chitra!'' A smiled covered Ranvijay's lips, he knew she was the only one who would follow his words to T.

Ranvijay pulled out his phone dialling one of his favourite girls. Chitra blinked at the name flashing on her phone, she answered without a minute . The voice on other side made her dance in happiness. 

''Chitra, listen to me carefully. Do all you have to but Ananya should not kill any one.''

''Vikram Hukum has locked me in the room to keep me safe.'' She replied making Ranvijay groaned , he should have thought of that. Vikram wouldn't let Chitra get involved in anything like that. There was a silence and then Chitra spoke, ''I promise, no one will die today.'' With that she disconnected and looked around. The  room had just one exit, she knew that was unlikely but she had no time to search. How she wished she had a gun to shoot the lock but according to all she was underage.  She looked up and found a ventilator, ''I know I am not that good, but today my mother's genes should work.''  Pulling out the bed sheet, she threw it around her neck. Pushing the huge table next to the wall she started mounting small stools over it. 

Rubbing her palms, she climbed one after the other finally reaching the ventilator. Once on it, she tied the bed sheet to the hook on the ventilator and threw it on the other side. ''I am going to break my bones.'' Chitra slowly climbed down to realise she was still about three feet above the ground.  Taking a deep breath she let go falling on her back, she groaned in pain as her elbow felt the impact the most. 

She got up limping , making her way to the dungeon, continuously reciting the promise she made to Ranvijay. Her feet halted on finding her mother guarding one of the exit. She knew there were other guards too and none will permit her to step in She thought of all but nothing came into her head, the best was just to barge in.

''Chitra stop!'' Sitara warned, she was taken by surprise when her daughter suddenly ran past her like a stike of lightning . ''I can't.. sorry.'' 

''Ranvijay made a mistake I won't.'' She heard Ananya say and then her gun moved to Dev

''You won't.'' 

''I will...without a hitch...'' Chitra forgot her pain and ran the double speed, all she wanted was to keep her promise to Ranvijay.

Ananya fired and Sona let out a scream all scared for her brother.

***

''turn off the main switch, and switch it on only after five minutes'' Ranvijay commanded the staff.

''Bhai have patience, we have already reached.'' Veer tried calming Ranvijay who still wasn't very strong. Though Veer had arranged for a wheel chair but Ranvijay Rathore looked ready to run. Veer somehow made him settle down as he wheeled him in. 

When they reached, they heard the gun shot and a scream , They froze, ''Get the lights.'' he ordered. When lights came back, Ananya stared at Chitra shocked, who had pushed Ananya's hand towards the ceiling , ''Why?'' But Chitra couldn't answer as her body gave up ,fainting next moment