Chapter 39

''Now be a good boy and give this to Sona, and then I will teach you more new words.'' Velu grinned happily running off. 

''We were supposed to be on a bachelor trip and here we are on a pre-wedding trip. How long are we going to be here?'' Advay asked irritated.

''Just a night more, I have to see her before I leave. Tell her that I love her.'' The other three guys groaned falling on their backs hearing the love saga for the nth time.

***

Sona smiled reading the letter, he had requested her to meet him at the same place where they had been caught by her people. She huffed, only Vikram could dare to propose such thing.

She quickly checked her appearance in the mirror. She still had few hours and decided to pamper herself. Sona had missed Vikram's caring side, her smile flattered. She still shivered recalling his angry form, closing her eyes she wished never to see his dark side ever again . Taking a deep breath she decided to stay positive.

***

Dev stepped out of the vehicle smiling at the huge house. He had not stepped in here for last 5 years. He recalled the first time he had visited this place as a teenager with his father. Sona's grandmother had refused to accept his mother and him as a part of her family.  He was scared then, he had never met a strong woman like Neelambari. Her eyes emitted fire, she was possessive about Sona and Sagar.  That was the only common thing between her and Neelambari.  He then had a habit of visiting the plave during vacations with his step sibilings, it was then the Neelambari had started warming up.

He had last  visited when Sona was leaving for UK, he had kept his distance but it was then Neelambari who addressed him as her eldest grand child. He respected her but maintained a boundary and he felt guilty of his mother's deeds. 

Velu screamed in delight spotting Sagar and Dev walking in. He lifted Sagar up making the young lad groan. Dev smiled walking ahead, bending he touched the his father's feet and then Neelambari's. He straighten his back, keeping his eyes on the floor. 

''How are you?'' he asked, not sure if she would preferred to be addressed as granny ! Neelambari looked straight towards Dev. She pushed aside the flower plate and came to her height making Dev step back. ''What are you hiding Dev?''

He said nothing, he was ashamed of his mother's deeds. Neelambari grabbed his wrist and dragged him along. Before leaving she warned Sagar, ''Your turn next about skipping your classes.'' Sagar's jaw dropped and that moment Velu too dropped him of the floor scared getting scolded.

''Patti, its nothing. Just don't know how to show my face after what my family did with yours.'' Dev replied recalling his mother using Sona as a weapon.

Neelambari took a step, with a finger she lifted Dev's chin up, ''I am not talking about the ones who means nothing to me. I am talking about my eldest grandson, what are you hiding Dev.''

''N..nothing.''

''Who is the girl?''

''What?...There is no girl.'' He tried to look amused but failed miserably. She wasn't someone to be bluffed. ''She was...there is nothing left.''

''Do I know her.''

''Patti, drop it.''

''She is Vikram's sister, the Princess of Jaigarh, Ahana Ranvijay Rathore .'' Sagar pitched in. Neelambari eyes moved from Sagar to Dev, ''then what is the issue.''

Dev's glare halted Sagar's words but he couldn't make the old scion give up, ''If you think I don't know a thing , you are wrong. If Vikram gets to marry Sona again after taking a shot at her the why not you? Dev blinked then shook his head.