2

"Oh my God!" I screamed, kneeling down to caress that fluffy beautiful creature. I had always loved dogs, and this one was one of my favorite breeds.

The woman that had the dog's leash giggled, "What's his name?!" I asked, looking up, meeting a brand new face.

"Her name is Lulu," The mysterious woman said.

I smiled at her, noticing her beautiful eyes. Lulu licked my face, which made me chuckle out loud and keep caressing the dog, "She's so cute, how old is she?"

"A year, but she's still deep down a puppy," She said, tucking a strand of her long blonde hair behind her ear, "I'm Diane."

I stood up and smiled at her, "Lou."

"Lou... that's a beautiful name." She said, eyeing me from my eyes to my toes and then up to my eyes again.

"It's Laura, actually. But everyone calls me Lou." I said, feeling stupid for having to clarify that, she clearly didn't care.

"That's even more beautiful." Diane said, smiling friendly at me, allowing me to see her white teeth.

"Thank you," I cringed as I blushed, "You're beautiful... I- I mean, your name is beautiful as well." I said, feeling even more stupid than before.

She giggled and looked down to Lulu for a second, then back to me, "You're from around?"

"Uh, yeah. I'm here visiting family, but I'm actually from New York..." I lied, watching her nod in understanding. I was visiting family, my dad's parents, but I wasn't from New York. If I said I was from Maine that would have sounded lame, and I didn't want to sound silly, I needed something sexy to captivate this 'Diane' woman... so, New York would do it's trick.

Diane tucked a strand of hair behind her ear again, her long hair was annoying her, but still she didn't bother to tie her hair, she'd rather stare at me which made me feel flattered, "That's nice," She said nicely.

"And you?"

"Oh, I'm from here actually. Boston. I live near the Harvard Law building."

"You study law?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

She laughed, "No. I don't study anything yet," she said, and I mentally kicked myself because I imagined her wearing a suit to court.

It had been almost seven years since my dad had passed, so I had taken a bus to Boston to visit my grandparents and also visit my dad at the cemetery. Until this date I still hated my mom for allowing my grandparents to move his body from our hometown, because that decision meant that I wasn't able to visit his grave when I wanted to.

Well, I hated my mom for many reasons, including how she slept with another man that wasn't my dad just a year before he died from cancer.

This visit had been hell, just about half hour ago I had stormed out of my grandparents house, leaving Nicole trapped with them. I was upset and couldn't believe how my grandma could speak so badly of my mom. Yes, she was a tramp, and I hated her for being a cheating whore, but why bringing it up in the middle of a nice brunch, and why all these years after it happened?

Now I was standing in front of this gorgeous woman, and somehow my thoughts were filled with her and her only. I wondered how old she was, what her favorite color was, her favorite band, or if she had more dogs, what her favorite book was... and the images of her small smiles at me where so magnificent.

"Lou?"

"Yeah, sorry... What did you say?" I asked, realizing I had tuned out for a second.